Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31974
View in linear mode

Subject: "Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??" Previous topic | Next topic
greekgodchaos2Feb-17-09 01:10 AM
Member since Mar 02nd 2008
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31974, "Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"

Does anyone know if this idea would work? My friend has TRD rims on his Scion TC and asked me if I wanted to buy the rims from him. I looked and the bolt pattern seems to be very similar, but I wanted to check and see if anyone knows if anyone has done this swap before. I'd much rather have those Scion rims over my stock 14"s any day. So, does anyone know if this will work? Thanks

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T
FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, nrberndsen, Feb-17-09 07:33 AM, #1
RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, Slo2g, Feb-17-09 08:31 AM, #2
      RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, SilvrEclips, Feb-17-09 09:49 AM, #3
           RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, Moderatorteklein, Feb-17-09 11:32 AM, #4
                RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, greekgodchaos2, Feb-17-09 11:37 PM, #5
                     RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, Slo2g, Feb-18-09 01:06 AM, #6
                          RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, Warmage12, Feb-18-09 08:26 AM, #7
                               RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, nrberndsen, Feb-18-09 01:13 PM, #8
                                    RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??, RoninEclipse2G, Feb-18-09 05:29 PM, #9

nrberndsenFeb-17-09 07:33 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31975, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think they have the same bolt pattern so i would worry about that first, they are 5 lug but im pretty sure the pattern is different so they will not work.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gFeb-17-09 08:31 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#31976, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm pretty sure that they will bolt up. Just jack your car up and test fit one.

SilvrEclipsFeb-17-09 09:49 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#31977, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 2

I remember a guy putting them on his neon, I think he had to grind the hub of the wheel some to clear his hubs but the wheels bolted up.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

ModeratortekleinFeb-17-09 11:32 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31978, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 3

Umm no, they will not work.

TC (and Neon actually) is 5x100.

Eclipse is 5x114.3.

greekgodchaos2Feb-17-09 11:37 PM
Member since Mar 02nd 2008
55 posts,
#31983, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 4

do you guys think it would be hard to modify them to make em fit? Thanks for your responses so far btw!

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T
FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

Slo2gFeb-18-09 01:06 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#31984, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok so they won't fit, its an OEM wheel man, not a universal. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Just get them for cheap and sell them for more.

Warmage12Feb-18-09 08:26 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#31985, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 6

ya, ebay that shit...then buy a nice set that YOU want.
I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

nrberndsenFeb-18-09 01:13 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#31987, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 7

I would just say you dont want them and be done with it...If your lookin gfor a cheap upgrade look at the stock five star or the oz edition wheels that came stock, im sure you could find some cheap ones local although you would need tires.

RoninEclipse2GFeb-18-09 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31988, "RE: Scion TC Wheels on a 2GNT??"
In response to Reply # 8

EVO 8/9 wheels and tires fit perfectly and fill out the wheel wells quite nicely.

I usually find them on ebay or craigslist for $600-800 shipped.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31974 Previous topic | Next topic