Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31926
View in linear mode

Subject: "rim size" Previous topic | Next topic
barza21Jan-29-09 02:27 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31926, "rim size"

Hello,

I am kinda new to the whole wheel size stuff, I have been asking around but never get a straight answer about this.

I know that the mr2 has the same bolt pattern as us, they sell a set of 4 wheels for them that come in 2 pairs: the front tires are 17x7.5 an the rears are 17x9. So my plan is to put the rear sized tires in the front on my eclipse and the front sized in the back. So that way I have the big ones up front. Do you guys think it will physically fit? Will I have to get spacers?

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GJan-29-09 05:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31927, "RE: rim size"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-30-09 12:23 PM by RoninEclipse2G

you'll have to find out what the offset is, but I would guess that they will rub somewhere. I have the EVO 8 17x8 wheels which run the same offset as the OE wheels on our cars and they are very close to rubbing on the inner uprights as well as the fender. if I lowered the car any more I would need to roll the fenders.

Edit: fixed the wheel size to 17x8

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NemoJan-29-09 08:48 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#31928, "RE: rim size"
In response to Reply # 1

My son's 99 has 17 x 7.5 with a 1.5 drop and it's really nice.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31926 Previous topic | Next topic