Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31914
View in linear mode

Subject: "A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!" Previous topic | Next topic
Black CottonJan-28-09 10:43 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31914, "A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
Jan-28-09 11:28 AM by Black Cotton

I Was looking for a better brake set up for my Avenger, and had some calipers layin around the house, so I decided to buy some rotors and play with cadd, and this is what I came up with.

The front uses 6 piston Wilwood SL6 hub mount calipers w/ thermlock pistons. Baer Eradispeed 2 piece Front rotors 13" * 1.26"

The Rear uses 4 Piston Wilwood dynalite hub mount calipers w/ thermlock pistons (same calipers Wilwood uses in the 2g FRONT kit. Baer Eradispeed 2 piece Rear Rotors 11.8" * .866"

I also used Russell 3an hose and made my own Brake hoses attached to factory Hard lines.

here are some pictures feel free to discuss.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Moderatorteklein, Jan-28-09 11:33 AM, #1
RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-28-09 11:35 AM, #2
      RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-28-09 12:01 PM, #3
           RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Black Cotton, Jan-28-09 12:43 PM, #4
                RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Black Cotton, Jan-28-09 12:45 PM, #5
                RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, scorpo86, Jan-28-09 02:15 PM, #6
                     RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, adamzty, Jan-28-09 04:58 PM, #7
                          RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, ez, Jan-28-09 07:11 PM, #8
                               RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, 1slw97, Jan-28-09 07:24 PM, #9
                               RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Black Cotton, Jan-28-09 07:26 PM, #10
                                    RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Slo2g, Jan-28-09 10:44 PM, #11
                                         RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, PsychO, Jan-30-09 08:58 PM, #12
                                              RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Recall95rs, Feb-01-09 10:54 AM, #13
                                                   RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, nrberndsen, Feb-09-09 09:19 PM, #14
                                                        RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, boostdtalon, Feb-10-09 10:38 PM, #15
                                                             RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Black Cotton, Feb-14-09 04:41 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, RoninEclipse2G, Feb-14-09 04:48 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!, Black Cotton, Feb-14-09 04:58 PM, #18

ModeratortekleinJan-28-09 11:33 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31915, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice!

Very cool, post up some of the other stuff youve done on the car!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJan-28-09 11:35 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31916, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
Nice! Very cool, post up some of the other stuff youve done on the car!

Very nice. Looks like you have some nice suspension going on there buddy.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

RoninEclipse2GJan-28-09 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31917, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 2

Brakes look good! now what's up with that fast and the furious paint color?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Black CottonJan-28-09 12:43 PM
114 posts,
#31918, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the compliments guys. Since there seems to be some interest in the Suspension, I'll post up some pics of it. I pre-assembled most of it before installing it, so ill post up what I have, pre- installation.

i made my own aluminum subframe bushings... i have a close up for anyone interested.

Black CottonJan-28-09 12:45 PM
114 posts,
#31919, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 4

HAHA paint is old, it was done even before fast and the furious 1 came out, however i do not know if ill keep some of it yet, ill decide once i get all the CF on and see how it all comes together.

it gets mixed reviews well c.

scorpo86Jan-28-09 02:15 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#31920, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Black Cotton
i made my own aluminum subframe bushings... i have a close up for anyone interested.

i would like to see

adamztyJan-28-09 04:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#31921, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 6

those brakes look awesome!

ezJan-28-09 07:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#31922, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 7

ha, we're twins. 6 piston wilwoods up front, 4 pistons in back, behind black OZ superleggeras (or are yours the ultraleggeras?)

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

1slw97Jan-28-09 07:24 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#31923, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-28-09 07:25 PM by 1slw97

Nice, Looks good..more pics!!!

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Black CottonJan-28-09 07:26 PM
114 posts,
#31924, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-28-09 07:27 PM by Black Cotton

ya 17*8 Ultraleggera's 245-45s goodyear eagle F1 gs-d3

haha what are the odds that not only we have similar brake set ups but the exact same rims too.

here is a close-up pic of 1 set of the aluminum bushings vs a new oe

Slo2gJan-28-09 10:44 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#31925, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 10

Do you have anymore of those nice bushings?

PsychOJan-30-09 08:58 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#31929, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 11

You need to get the bad boy on the road Matt.

Recall95rsFeb-01-09 10:54 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2008
11 posts,
#31930, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 12

nice, thats a whole lotta brakin power

nrberndsenFeb-09-09 09:19 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#31960, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 13

looking real nice keep up the good work and keep us updated on the car and progress

boostdtalonFeb-10-09 10:38 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
47 posts,
#31962, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 14

wow thats very nice.. what else you got done to the avenger?

Black CottonFeb-14-09 04:41 PM
114 posts,
#31970, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 15

brake wise, i upgraded to a GSX master cylinder.
other then that you can see the rest of the brake set up.

suspension wise, Im running:

- SPC upper control arms
- Energy suspension urethane bushings f/r kit
- Suspension Techniques Sway Bars
- K sport pro coil-overs
- Home Made Aluminum Sub-frame bushings
- CSK-C front upper and lower strut bars and rear X member Tie bars
- Pilot Rear Lower Tie Bar
- Other then that, I bought All New Control Arms, and hardware, and had everything powder coated and painted what i couldn't powder coat

a company by the name of S&W race cars, makes a ready to install/weld in 10 point cage for the avengers, and option swing out kit, which I just ordered.

and Currently i have my Rack looped to a custom aluminum can.

motor wise, its a "standard" build, matted to a a670 forward valve body transmission. and a whole bunch of other goodies.

interior is stripped, but i found a company that makes a full fiberglass dash which i ordered, along w/ an eclipse CF dash, and CF A pillars. Other then that i planned on just having my gauges, 1 seat, the cage, and maybe down the line CF interior door panels, and door sills.

RoninEclipse2GFeb-14-09 04:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31971, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 16

sounds like you're going for something that's nice and light to handle some mean twisties

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Black CottonFeb-14-09 04:58 PM
114 posts,
#31972, "RE: A brake upgrade that even the EVO swap cant handle!"
In response to Reply # 17

that was exactly my goal.

I wanted to build a car to do some FWD time attack, some close course street racing, such as lime rock and watkins glen, and still have some fun on the strip.

i guess this is what i came up with.

i re did the entire body in CF: front bumper, hood, fenders, doors, trunk, rear bumper. added some CF such as side skirts, and gas door.

and took out things like a/c, power steering, cruise control, evap, egr, the entire interior, most of the un-used wiring harness, and cleaned up the entire engine bay.

i have more pictures in my "welcome thread", and i will post more once i get the car back from having the turbo manifold, exhaust and IC piping done.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31914 Previous topic | Next topic