Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31902
View in linear mode

Subject: "stress bars" Previous topic | Next topic
scorpo86Jan-26-09 03:46 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31902, "stress bars"

i was looking at http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ and i was looking at the upper stress bars they have. i was wondering if they really work and what about the really cheap ones on ebay. will the .com ones work better than the cheap ebay ones. what about the bottom stress bar as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: stress bars, Nemo, Jan-26-09 11:44 AM, #1
RE: stress bars, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-26-09 12:41 PM, #2
      RE: stress bars, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-26-09 01:30 PM, #3
           RE: stress bars, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-26-09 01:43 PM, #4
           RE: stress bars, Nemo, Jan-26-09 02:11 PM, #5
                RE: stress bars, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-26-09 05:28 PM, #6
                     RE: stress bars, scorpo86, Jan-26-09 08:02 PM, #7
                          RE: stress bars, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-27-09 05:44 AM, #8
                               RE: stress bars, scorpo86, Feb-10-09 09:32 PM, #9

NemoJan-26-09 11:44 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31903, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 0

I had a front upper strut bar on a BMW and it made a huge difference in cornering. Even in general everyday driving I liked the feel. I was wondering about the 3 pc. aluminum sets on Ebay myself. Mine was an alu. from NAPA. Don't recall the brand name.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GJan-26-09 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31905, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 1

Mike is looking into making them for the club here.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

eclipse982nrRSTJan-26-09 01:30 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#31906, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Mike is looking into making them for the club here.

Indeed I am. In a couple of weeks here, I should have some great deals on a stainless front upper, stainless rear upper and a front lower tie bar.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

RoninEclipse2GJan-26-09 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31907, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Mike is looking into making them for the club here.
Indeed I am. In a couple of weeks here, I should have some great deals on a stainless front upper, stainless rear upper and a front lower tie bar.

how many shirts/hoodies will I owe you

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

NemoJan-26-09 02:11 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#31908, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 3

SS sounds great. Any idea on the weight yet? Just curious.

eclipse982nrRSTJan-26-09 05:28 PM
6314 posts,
#31909, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Nemo
SS sounds great. Any idea on the weight yet? Just curious.

Wont be very much, I can tell you that.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

scorpo86Jan-26-09 08:02 PM
282 posts,
#31910, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 6

yea mike, that does sound good. but for the people that bought the cheap ebay ones, do they work good? what about a rear lower stress bar too. this summer i have to get my suspension up because its kinda scary right now. im all over the road, the rain is the worse. im looking in the Tein type Flex and it uses EDFC http://www.tein.com/products/flex.html

eclipse982nrRSTJan-27-09 05:44 AM
6314 posts,
#31913, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by scorpo86
yea mike, that does sound good. but for the people that bought the cheap ebay ones, do they work good? what about a rear lower stress bar too. this summer i have to get my suspension up because its kinda scary right now. im all over the road, the rain is the worse. im looking in the Tein type Flex and it uses EDFC http://www.tein.com/products/flex.html

I used to have an ebay front and rear upper, and a rear lower. The rear lower hit my exhaust so I pulled that off because it was annoying. The uppers were pretty shitty since they were a threaded deisgn on the ends, not a nice solid bar.

For suspension, look into the KSport coilovers man. I had the Tein basics on my car and I put a set of Tein SS on my buddys local Talon. I bought the KSport coilovers last year in the spring, they are fucking awesome. 4 inch ride height adjustable and 36 way front and rear dampening adjustable. For the price, they are trully a sweet ass product man.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

scorpo86Feb-10-09 09:32 PM
282 posts,
#31961, "RE: stress bars"
In response to Reply # 8

in looking at this stress bar and i like it http://www.modacar.com/products/Mitsubishi/Eclipse/DCSTRUT/DC+Sports+Carbon+Steel+St.html

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31902 Previous topic | Next topic