Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31891
View in linear mode

Subject: "New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!" Previous topic | Next topic
StuckintheskYJan-23-09 04:21 PM
Member since Jan 13th 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31891, "New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"

I just recently installed the Tokico Blue shock/spring kit which lowered my car by 1.5". I also replaced a few control arms and replaced all of the old bushings with the New Energy suspension master bushing kit. I was running 255/60/16's and the car sounded horrible, it would scrape everywhere I went. I decided to buy some new wheels/tires from Tirerack. I decided to go with 205/55/16 Sumitomo HTRZ tires and Sport Edition wheels. I installed them and the car feels, drives, and handles like brand New!!!

Here are the pics>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-23-09 05:17 PM, #1
RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorteklein, Jan-23-09 06:04 PM, #2
      RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, tegster, Jan-23-09 09:01 PM, #3
           RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Nemo, Jan-23-09 09:31 PM, #4
                RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorcs82685, Jan-24-09 11:13 AM, #5
                     RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorteklein, Jan-24-09 11:28 AM, #6
                          RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-24-09 03:02 PM, #7
                               RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorteklein, Jan-24-09 04:48 PM, #8
                                    RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorcs82685, Jan-25-09 08:04 AM, #9
                                         RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, Moderatorteklein, Jan-25-09 08:11 AM, #10
                                              RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-26-09 12:36 PM, #11

RoninEclipse2GJan-23-09 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31892, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by StuckintheskY
I was running 255/60/16's and the car sounded horrible, it would scrape everywhere I went

Jeezus that's a wide tire to try an fit under our cars. my 235/45/17's are half a hair away from rubbing the upright but they fill up the wheel well nicely.

Good to hear that the car feels like new. I'm slowly hoarding up suspension goodies in the anticipation of getting the car running again hopefully this summer

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinJan-23-09 06:04 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31893, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 1

Awesome wheels!

tegsterJan-23-09 09:01 PM
Member since Sep 21st 2006
25 posts,
#31894, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 2

Those do look very nice especially with your black car. I recently put on the Tokico combo, but only the front so far. I also replaced my control arms in the front and everything felt AWESOME afterwards. Definitely made the car handle and feel much better.

NemoJan-23-09 09:31 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#31895, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 3

Lookin' Good sKY!

Moderatorcs82685Jan-24-09 11:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#31896, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 4

Looking good, nice and clean. Just gotta get rid of that blitz bumper now

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
my 235/45/17's are half a hair away from rubbing the upright but they fill up the wheel well nicely.

Good to hear. Looks like my wheels will finally be getting some rubber this summer with the fronts wrapped in the sticky 235/45/17 advans off the evo. Just gotta pick up a pair of rear tires for it then.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ModeratortekleinJan-24-09 11:28 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31897, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by cs82685
Looking good, nice and clean. Just gotta get rid of that blitz bumper now
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G my 235/45/17's are half a hair away from rubbing the upright but they fill up the wheel well nicely.
Good to hear. Looks like my wheels will finally be getting some rubber this summer with the fronts wrapped in the sticky 235/45/17 advans off the evo. Just gotta pick up a pair of rear tires for it then.

Thats the size I plan on running with EVO 8 wheels too, awesome too hear as well

Now I gotta find a set and make them black

RoninEclipse2GJan-24-09 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31898, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by teklein
Now I gotta find a set and make them black

I'd sell you mine but I have no backups since the fire, and you already owe me money

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

ModeratortekleinJan-24-09 04:48 PM
1699 posts,
#31899, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 7

You have EVO 8 wheels?

Awesome.

Moderatorcs82685Jan-25-09 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#31900, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 8

You have EVO 8 wheels? Awesome.

gross. Tim at least get some IX Enkei's, they look so much better than the 8 wheels

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ModeratortekleinJan-25-09 08:11 AM
1699 posts,
#31901, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by teklein You have EVO 8 wheels? Awesome.
gross. Tim at least get some IX Enkei's, they look so much better than the 8 wheels

Nah, I think the IX's look too busy

RoninEclipse2GJan-26-09 12:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31904, "RE: New tires/wheels, car feels like brand new!"
In response to Reply # 10
Jan-26-09 12:40 PM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by teklein You have EVO 8 wheels? Awesome.
Nah, I think the IX's look too busy

get some IX's and I'll trade you!

how do you think I drew them so well? I had personal refrence material

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31891 Previous topic | Next topic