Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31715
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings" Previous topic | Next topic
BlizareFeb-27-06 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31715, "Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
Feb-27-06 10:38 AM by Blizare

I searched for my 2 yr old post but cannot find it.

I remember John (run4cvr) helped me figure that it was these bushings but I cannot for the life of me find the part number in CAPS.

Has anyone ever replaced these 2 suspension bushings?

Okay I found the old post after searching SOME MORE

Did anyone buy the Energy Inserts and install them themselves?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bahhahaFeb-27-06 11:25 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2006
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31716, "RE: Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
In response to Reply # 0

yea, I replaced all of my bushings w/ the ES kit, why?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareFeb-27-06 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#31717, "RE: Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by bahhaha
yea, I replaced all of my bushings w/ the ES kit, why?

Were they a pain in the ass?? I can't find a part number for them.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

bahhahaFeb-27-06 01:01 PM
Member since Jan 20th 2006
58 posts,
#31718, "RE: Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
In response to Reply # 2

It's one of the hardest mods that I've done, but it can be done it just takes a hydraulic press, a good setup, and a lot of patience.

keeMay-08-08 04:21 PM
Member since May 08th 2008
1 posts,
#31719, "RE: Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I need to replace these bushing myself... What are my options? I'd rather use factory bushings than poly since it's just a daily driver but if poly is my only choice I guess I can do that too... Did they end up being a pain to change?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-13-08 02:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#31720, "RE: Rear end Clunking - Knuckle Bushings"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by kee
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I need to replace these bushing myself... What are my options? I'd rather use factory bushings than poly since it's just a daily driver but if poly is my only choice I guess I can do that too... Did they end up being a pain to change?

Yes, they're a pain. Also, you can't buy just the bushings from the dealer, they'll try to sell you an entire knuckle. if you really feel the need to replace it, buy the full ES bushing kit, and use what you need.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31715 Previous topic | Next topic