Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31684
View in linear mode

Subject: "Noise when turning left at low speed" Previous topic | Next topic
rd2rockSep-20-08 03:19 PM
Member since May 14th 2008
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31684, "Noise when turning left at low speed"

I have a noise coming from the front of the car when i'm turning left at low speed, like a grinding noise. what is it ? I change the right control arm, thinking it would solve the trouble, because the rubber was used, but could it be the left one ? how can I know it ?

thanx

---------------------------

Rd2Rock ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, justins71, Sep-20-08 05:06 PM, #1
RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, Locke_db, Sep-21-08 02:53 AM, #2
RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, rd2rock, Sep-21-08 12:17 PM, #3
      RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, rd2rock, Sep-23-08 03:17 AM, #4
           RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, justins71, Sep-23-08 11:39 AM, #5
                RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, BlueMach5, Sep-23-08 08:19 PM, #6
                RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, rd2rock, Sep-24-08 03:26 AM, #7
                     RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, ez, Sep-24-08 12:42 PM, #8
                          RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, rd2rock, Sep-24-08 03:55 PM, #9
                               RE: Noise when turning left at low speed, justins71, Sep-25-08 02:38 PM, #10

justins71Sep-20-08 05:06 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31685, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 0

RH CV axle? is it for sure more a grinding or popping? aftermarket tires/rims? loose wheel well trim?

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Locke_dbSep-21-08 02:53 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2006
89 posts,
#31686, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 0

Check your balljoints. Don't put off replacing a bad one.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=287

rd2rockSep-21-08 12:17 PM
10 posts,
#31687, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 2

I will take a look for the ball joint, how can I know if it's the trouble ?

Rd2Rock ?

rd2rockSep-23-08 03:17 AM
10 posts,
#31688, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok I take a look at the ball joint, its looks correct. Control arm look fine. We try the car and notice that it does that sound only when turning left and when at low speed you accelerate then release then reaccelerate... when the front of the car grow up and down.

I call mitsubishi they told me to look at the stabilizer bar what do you think ?

Rd2Rock ?

justins71Sep-23-08 11:39 AM
466 posts,
#31689, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 4

sounds like a tire rubbin' to me... it can sound like a hideous grind. turn your tire left and check places it might make contact.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head

BlueMach5Sep-23-08 08:19 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2002
115 posts,
#31690, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 5

Wheel bearings? I know when I drive at 55+ mph and I turn left my car gets a nasty vibration sound, and its only when I turn left.

*Shrug*

rd2rockSep-24-08 03:26 AM
10 posts,
#31691, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by justins71
sounds like a tire rubbin' to me... it can sound like a hideous grind. turn your tire left and check places it might make contact.

What can be the cause of that ? I have 18' wheels with tire 225/40ZR18
because we turns the wheels at extrem left, and it seems to have no contact with the frame of the car.

Rd2Rock ?

ezSep-24-08 12:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#31692, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 7

Are you lowered? With a stock driver's side axle (or other axle with a thick center section)????

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

rd2rockSep-24-08 03:55 PM
10 posts,
#31693, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by ez
Are you lowered? With a stock driver's side axle (or other axle with a thick center section)????

I'm not lowered, and I dunno about the axle, soo we will supposed it's stock..

Rd2Rock ?

justins71Sep-25-08 02:38 PM
466 posts,
#31694, "RE: Noise when turning left at low speed"
In response to Reply # 9

Not necessarily rubbing with the frame, but your plastic wheel well pieces. Maybe not even anything to do with aftermarket rims/tires, but check that the front portion of both side wheel well skirts aren't broken and rubbing on the tire when turning (speaking from experience here). Also make sure your axles aren't rubbing the inside of your strut forks, as something there may be screwed up.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31684 Previous topic | Next topic