Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31596
View in linear mode

Subject: "rims" Previous topic | Next topic
PDUBSNov-24-08 10:23 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2008
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31596, "rims"

I was just wondering what is the biggest width rim I can put on my 95 rs, i have a set of 15x7.5 and am just wonder if they'll fit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: rims, freelancefool, Nov-25-08 03:44 AM, #1
RE: rims, barza21, Nov-25-08 07:51 PM, #2
      RE: rims, freelancefool, Nov-26-08 07:52 AM, #3
           RE: rims, barza21, Nov-26-08 03:52 PM, #4
                RE: rims, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-28-08 10:15 PM, #5
                     RE: rims, foggy45, Nov-28-08 10:20 PM, #6
                          RE: rims, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-28-08 10:24 PM, #7
                               RE: rims, Petri, Dec-22-08 11:13 PM, #8

freelancefoolNov-25-08 03:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31597, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 0

They will fit if the offset is close to +42mm.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

barza21Nov-25-08 07:51 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#31598, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 1

before I bought the current rims I had on my car, I had some 16x8.5. The tire was 5mm away from the suspension, both front and rear.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

freelancefoolNov-26-08 07:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#31600, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 2

That gives us no information. I can put 16x15 wheels on the Eclipse. I'm probably going to have a -75 or higher offset, but it can be done.

Offset has a lot more to do with proper fitment than just the width.

My Blog

barza21Nov-26-08 03:52 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#31601, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by freelancefool
That gives us no information. I can put 16x15 wheels on the Eclipse. I'm probably going to have a -75 or higher offset, but it can be done. Offset has a lot more to do with proper fitment than just the width.

You have a point, but my post was just to give him an idea that you can get wide tires on out cars.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-28-08 10:15 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31607, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 4

I had a 17" x 8" on mine but i cant begin to tell you what the offset was. I still have the rims, if you want me to measure the backspacing I can but you will need to talk to a tire shop that can convert the backspacing into offset.

foggy45Nov-28-08 10:20 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#31609, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 5

backspacing to offset conversion chart for ya

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-28-08 10:24 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31610, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 6

Dave....post that in the wiki. Good info to have!

PetriDec-22-08 11:13 PM
Member since May 25th 2006
25 posts,
#31700, "RE: rims"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31596 Previous topic | Next topic