Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31537
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your opinions on suspension." Previous topic | Next topic
Flipboi89Oct-31-08 02:39 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31537, "Your opinions on suspension."

So i need to buy new suspension since within the past few months i blew two struts on the same side. The guy before me had like kyb gsr coilovers (thinks thats what type i know they are kyb). Now i have 2 stock struts. Im want to buy adjustable coilovers. But the cheapest i found are like 900 and those are the basic tein coilovers. What would you guys recommend? best bang for my buck. I want more ride comfort then handling. Also my price range i wish to spend is like 600-800ish. TIA.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Your opinions on suspension., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-31-08 02:56 AM, #1
RE: Your opinions on suspension., DirtMegirt, Oct-31-08 11:26 AM, #2
      RE: Your opinions on suspension., barza21, Oct-31-08 02:18 PM, #3
           RE: Your opinions on suspension., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-01-08 03:48 AM, #4
                RE: Your opinions on suspension., Flipboi89, Nov-04-08 07:00 AM, #5
                     RE: Your opinions on suspension., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-04-08 11:34 PM, #6
RE: Your opinions on suspension., nrberndsen, Nov-07-08 04:36 AM, #7
RE: Your opinions on suspension., dsmtuner1, Nov-07-08 04:52 AM, #8
      RE: Your opinions on suspension., Flipboi89, Nov-12-08 07:25 AM, #9
           RE: Your opinions on suspension., dsmtuner1, Nov-19-08 05:50 PM, #10

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-31-08 02:56 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31538, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 0

I have had Tokiko 5 way adj / H&R springs And Koni Yellows / Eibach.

Either one was very nice. I still have the Koni setup with eibach. I bought them at separate times cause I was like you, I didnt have 900 for a setup. Personally i would buy the tokiko's if i had to do it all over again. I really liked them, wish i wouldnt have sold them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtMegirtOct-31-08 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31539, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 1

I would say that since you are looking for ride comfort over any handling upgrades, I would stick to a spring/strut setup. Last year I bought a coilover setup for two reasons: I needed a new suspension, and I wanted to lower the car, but wasn't sure how much. I didn't care about ride comfort or handling. What I got was a stiffer ride that handles better.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

barza21Oct-31-08 02:18 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#31540, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 2

If you look around you can find some true coilovers for cheap. Use the search engine, I remember seeing some good coilovers for a decent price.

I bought a set of tein basics, all fours for only 450.00 they were used, had like 5k on them, but they feel awesome.

Look around dude, there are always deals out there.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-01-08 03:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#31542, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 3

Big fan of Tien springs with KYB AGX's. I know you wanted coil overs but this set-up has worked well with me and they lasted just fine on both cars. As I recollect, they could be had for less than your price range. I believe I got the Tien's from E-bay K-2 site and the AGX's from E-bay some place in Chelmsford Mass.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Flipboi89Nov-04-08 07:00 AM
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31557, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-04-08 07:02 AM by Flipboi89

Id prefer adjustables so i can always adjust it to my liking. ebay would be alright? I mean i buy stuff on there just not like 400+ dollars worth. I'll keep looking for prices. So all of you guys that suggested are more more for comfort right? Idk if i trust kyb again after blowing 2 of them already. I just dont wanna worry again going over a small pothole and blowing another strut. Thanks for the feedback.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-04-08 11:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#31560, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Flipboi89
Id prefer adjustables so i can always adjust it to my liking. ebay would be alright?

The AGX's are the adjustables and I've had no problem with E-bay as long as it is a reputable company and they are selling actually name brand product.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

nrberndsenNov-07-08 04:36 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#31572, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 0

I recently put on koni yellows with pro-kits and love them...much improved from stock...unfortunatelly i have no experience with any others to compare. In my opinion can't go wrong with that setup.

dsmtuner1Nov-07-08 04:52 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#31573, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 7

http://www.enduromotorsports.com/SUSPENSIONTanabe_Coilovers_SusptecPROSOCTYPEII.html

$600 BUCKS. Can't beat it.

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

Flipboi89Nov-12-08 07:25 AM
392 posts,
#31585, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by dsmtuner1
http://www.enduromotorsports.com/SUSPENSIONTanabe_Coilovers_SusptecPROSOCTYPEII.html $600 BUCKS. Can't beat it.

You have these? how well is the ride comfort?

dsmtuner1Nov-19-08 05:50 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#31593, "RE: Your opinions on suspension."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Flipboi89
Originally posted by dsmtuner1 http://www.enduromotorsports.com/SUSPENSIONTanabe_Coilovers_SusptecPROSOCTYPEII.html $600 BUCKS. Can't beat it.
You have these? how well is the ride comfort?

I dont personally, but randy on tuners does. Just look up Bigrand on www.dsmtuners.com I personally am thinking about getting some when these tokico blues take a crap on me. If money wasnt an issue I would try this: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/handling-tech/307362-build-your-own-koni-coilovers.html

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31537 Previous topic | Next topic