Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31456
View in linear mode

Subject: "grinding when turning, and loud clunk from front." Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeOct-06-08 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31456, "grinding when turning, and loud clunk from front."

ive had a problem where something in the front end is making a clunking noise when i go over bumps, or even move the wheel back and fourth fast. i searched for it and i think its a ball joint, or a controle arm bushing. About a month ago the car began to make a noise that sounded like a piece of heat shield grinding when i turned. Even when i move the wheel slightly it makes this grinding noise. I thought it might have something to do with the breaks, but it makes this noise when the car is not moving. sometimes it is worse then others. and the last problem for this week is something that has been going on for a while, when ever i give it alot of gas at low rpm in a higher gear, the engine studders a bit, which i dont care about becauseim rebuilding another engine, but the stearing wheel almost jumps about 2 inches each way and the shifter shakes like it took to much lsd or something, and i hear another clunking noise. Now i know that description is shitty, but i dont know how else to discrive it, so ill take a video if i have to. thanks for any help.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinOct-07-08 04:08 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31460, "RE: grinding when turning, and loud clunk from front."
In response to Reply # 0

CV Joint?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HedgeOct-10-08 01:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31474, "RE: grinding when turning, and loud clunk from front."
In response to Reply # 1

Ill look into it, but its getting worse now. Anytime i turn at all it rubs harder then a 14 year old with a playboy. Its still like a grinding noise and when i do about 70 and turn slightly to the right i get a mean shake.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31456 Previous topic | Next topic