Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31445
View in linear mode

Subject: "can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?" Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeSep-24-08 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31445, "can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"

hey, so i looked on caps and found out that i need part number 41433. which i think is called a rear strut mount. i tried three autoparts stores and they all told me they cant order them in. So i want to know if i can even order this part anywhere or if i have to buy the entire strut assembly, or do they even come with most strut assemblies?. right Im looking for a used full strut assembly, but if i cant get one soon ill have to just go ahead and get the parts for it brand new and need to know where i can get them.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, Islandertalon, Sep-24-08 01:53 PM, #1
RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-24-08 09:55 PM, #2
RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, Hedge, Sep-27-08 11:14 AM, #3
      RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, daes_venge, Sep-27-08 01:24 PM, #4
           RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, Hedge, Sep-28-08 09:27 AM, #5
                RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?, eclipse1995, Jan-10-09 08:01 AM, #6

IslandertalonSep-24-08 01:53 PM
Member since Dec 19th 2006
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31446, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 0

I had to get mine from the dealership. Think it was around 40 bucks. When i got my kyb's they didn't come with new mounts. When i got another cheap one for my other car it came with a mount.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-24-08 09:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31447, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 0

Dealer

HedgeSep-27-08 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#31448, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 2

Alright thanks. Ive also heard that occasionally you wont be able to get just the mount off, and thet you will have to go ahead and replace a bunch of things. what else would i possibly need?

daes_vengeSep-27-08 01:24 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#31449, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 3

I assume you have never disassembled a strut assembly?

The only problem you might run into is the nut on the strut is rusted to hell. I would personally just replace the struts as well while everything is taken apart. Assuming the struts are original to the car?

HedgeSep-28-08 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#31450, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-28-08 09:29 AM by Hedge

nope, i have never done it personally, i have never really touched any suspension yet before, but im not compleatly oblivous on the subject. and yeah they are origional. the nut its self is in good shape without any rust, but the mount is fucked, ill take a picture just to show how bad it looks.

eclipse1995Jan-10-09 08:01 AM
Member since Jan 10th 2009
2 posts,
#31875, "RE: can i acctually buy a strut mount plate anywhere reasonable?"
In response to Reply # 5

I just had to do this on mine. After 200K of driving the strut mount ripped itself in two. I got a new one from the dealer for $40 and had the car up and running in about 30 minutes. The worst part like everybody said is how bad the stuff is rusted. Mine went real easy because I had just put in new struts and at the time reused the stock parts.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31445 Previous topic | Next topic