Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31138
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help please, car not handling right" Previous topic | Next topic
susafussMar-04-08 04:13 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31138, "Help please, car not handling right"
Mar-04-08 04:32 PM by susafuss

Ok i had a problem with my inner and outer tie rods in the front so i had them replaced today at the local pepboys and they also did an alignment afterwards and now the car drives horrible(pulls bad to the right).

I have also some adjustable rear toe control arms on the car that where just put back on cause the hemi-joint broke so i needed to replace that(so i know the rear toe was off). This though was put back on before the alignment so they should have fixed this.

here is a pic of the alignment report they gave me(does this look right?)

it seems like they are leaving alot of info off of this(i think they are screwing me)

thanks,
kevin

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

goalie40Mar-04-08 09:36 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31139, "RE: Help please, car not handling right"
In response to Reply # 0

I look at it like this

If your car is pulling after. Take it back, make them drive it.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrMar-05-08 04:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#31140, "RE: Help please, car not handling right"
In response to Reply # 1

looks to me like they only did the front alignment.
Some cars rear alignment is fixed so maybe they only thought they were doing a 2 wheel alignment instead of a 4 wheel job.

and BTW is that the adj rear toe control arms from me that the heim joint broke on? If so how did that happen, where did it break,etc?
I've had mine on for a long time now with no issues so I'm curious.
I spent a long time calculating the forces exerted on that bar/joints and even included a 3-4x safety factor which should have been plenty to avoid any breakage even under the worst forces.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

susafussMar-05-08 06:50 AM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
#31141, "RE: Help please, car not handling right"
In response to Reply # 2

i sending you a pm

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31138 Previous topic | Next topic