Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31087
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hit a curb now toe and camber is off" Previous topic | Next topic
ohyeah2Feb-09-08 12:45 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31087, "Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"

A while back I hit a curb with my rear passenger wheel, it bent the wheel pretty bad. Now the camber and toe are off on both the rear driver and passenger rear. I took it to two places and they could not see anything bent, does anyone know what I could of bent that would throw both sides.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, ramsey95ESi, Feb-09-08 07:27 PM, #1
RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, freelancefool, Feb-10-08 08:30 AM, #2
RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, Slimyjr., Feb-10-08 02:35 PM, #3
RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, ohyeah2, Feb-23-08 07:37 PM, #4
RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, ohyeah2, Feb-25-08 12:44 AM, #5
      RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off, Slimyjr., Feb-25-08 12:03 PM, #6

ramsey95ESiFeb-09-08 07:27 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2008
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31088, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 0

Could it be the strut itself? blown out.. i think mine are doing something like that. The whole back end sways when i hit a small bump i dont know if thats the same but im seeing something like that from your description.

2gnt (period)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freelancefoolFeb-10-08 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#31089, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 0

There is always the possibility that it bent the unibody or that it bent the rear subframe. Especially if you hit something hard enough to bend a wheel. Something has either been bent of shifted.

Although, I find it hard to believe that you camber and toe would be off on both sides. What kind of alignment rack are they using? If you can find someone with a Hunter rack, go there and have them check it out.

Then post the printout that they give you. That way we can see how things got shifted. If you have positive camber on the passenger side and negative toe, you should have negative camber and positive toe on the driver's side if the subframe is tweaked. Or something similar to that.

My Blog

Slimyjr.Feb-10-08 02:35 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#31090, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 2

Hitting things like that hard will mess the alignment up on any car so its understandable that your alignment is off. But for alingment to be off on both sides is strange but perhaps a jolt like that screwed up the alignment on both sides.

ohyeah2Feb-23-08 07:37 PM
15 posts,
#31119, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 0

Took it to firestone today and they found that the bearing hub was messed up.

ohyeah2Feb-25-08 12:44 AM
15 posts,
#31120, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 4

They replaced the hub bearing and got the driver side toe within spec but could not get the passenger side corrected.

Slimyjr.Feb-25-08 12:03 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#31121, "RE: Hit a curb now toe and camber is off"
In response to Reply # 5

Another thing i just realized...I've done alignments on alot of wrecked cars, and even though you can't tell if something is bent it very well could be. Just a thought.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31087 Previous topic | Next topic