Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31064
View in linear mode

Subject: "Too big???(wheel&Tire)" Previous topic | Next topic
D32Feb-02-08 04:21 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2007
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31064, "Too big???(wheel&Tire)"

Sup guys
Ok, owning my 2g eclipse GS for a little over a year now and knowing the history of it it has never been driven in the (wonderful) wet, slushy, salty, some kinda watery black death that as soon as it touches your car your floorboards turn to rust Pa weather (Being a Souther Car that is) but i wrecked my winter car so im forced to drive it! but i have the chrome 5 spoke GS-t wheels on my dsm and really don't want to slopp'em up. i was wondering on my 1994 Grand prix it has 15'stealys with 205/70/15 tires now with rs eclipses have 14' with 70's would that make the wheel to big having 15' with 70's??to tall maybe??? the tires are still good so i was hopping that i could use them, i know the bolt pattern on both are 5 114.3 so i think im good here. i would buy new tires but not sure what size to get plus money is kinda tight I just got my cf hatch and tsudo cat back
thanks guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), freelancefool, Feb-02-08 06:14 AM, #1
RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), 2GeclipseRS, Feb-14-08 08:22 AM, #2
      RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), hazardeclipse, Feb-27-08 08:16 AM, #3
           RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), RoninEclipse2G, Feb-28-08 04:08 PM, #4
                RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), 99blackclipse, Mar-08-08 09:36 AM, #5
                     RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire), RoninEclipse2G, Mar-08-08 11:41 AM, #6

freelancefoolFeb-02-08 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31065, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 0

With a tire that large, it might rub when you lock out the wheel. Otherwise, it will just look goofy.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSFeb-14-08 08:22 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#31101, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 1

Slap em on and find out?

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

hazardeclipseFeb-27-08 08:16 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#31125, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 2

find out...

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

with the stock 16's you should have 205/55R16's on there...

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

RoninEclipse2GFeb-28-08 04:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31127, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by hazardeclipse
find out... http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html with the stock 16's you should have 205/55R16's on there...

going from the calculations above, your 15" steelies need 205/60R15
or a stock RS 14" is 195/70R14

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

99blackclipseMar-08-08 09:36 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2006
128 posts,
#31148, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 4

I didnt want to make a new thread about this so ill just ask in here because its basically the same question.

I have a set of 225/40/18 rims and tires sitting in my garage. When I eventually put them on the car will they rub? Do you think there will be any kinds of problems?

eX-Drivers

"Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhuast gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, Eclipse tuners write checks their cars can cash. Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull" -SuperStreet

My Wiki page- http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=99Blackclipse

RoninEclipse2GMar-08-08 11:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31149, "RE: Too big???(wheel&Tire)"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-08-08 11:44 AM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by 99blackclipse
I didnt want to make a new thread about this so ill just ask in here because its basically the same question. I have a set of 225/40/18 rims and tires sitting in my garage. When I eventually put them on the car will they rub? Do you think there will be any kinds of problems?

As long as the offset isn't funky you should be ok, you're sizing is within the allowable 3% diameter deviation. I've got 235/45/17's on mine right now and I'm just barely missing out on rubbing, anything wider and I would

edit: if you could fit them, a 245/35/18 would be a perfect diameter match, too bad you'd tear them up on the fenders without flaring

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31064 Previous topic | Next topic