Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31035
View in linear mode

Subject: "Strut tower brace" Previous topic | Next topic
xtremerollerJan-27-08 12:21 PM
Member since Dec 31st 2007
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31035, "Strut tower brace"

Is there anything to really gain by installing a strut tower brace or is it mostly for show in the engine bay?

Mods: BBP header and down pipe, Magnaflow catback exhaust, CAI, EGR mod, "17 wheels, bosch platinum 2 plugs, trans cooler.... thats all for now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Strut tower brace, 2GeclipseRS, Jan-27-08 01:21 PM, #1
RE: Strut tower brace, daes_venge, Jan-27-08 02:56 PM, #2
      RE: Strut tower brace, Chamuko, Jan-28-08 03:35 PM, #3
           RE: Strut tower brace, mcgyvr, Jan-29-08 06:33 AM, #4
                RE: Strut tower brace, foggy45, Jan-29-08 02:26 PM, #5
                     RE: Strut tower brace, juggalo, Mar-05-08 08:47 PM, #6

2GeclipseRSJan-27-08 01:21 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31037, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll let you know as soon as i find a longer heim joint for the DC sports bar i have sitting in my back seat.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

daes_vengeJan-27-08 02:56 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#31038, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 1

They reduce bodyroll during cornering.

ChamukoJan-28-08 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#31043, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry venge, thats a sway bars primary function.

Most Strut bars are to box in the "frame". To make the Chassis more rigid so that there is less flex. WEll in theory.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

mcgyvrJan-29-08 06:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#31044, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 3

It all depends on which one you buy..Most on ebay are so cheap and flimsy that they have little to no effect. Decent ones do make a noticeable difference though.
Ive got the neuspeed discontinued one and its a nice solid piece..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

foggy45Jan-29-08 02:26 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#31047, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 4

+1 they are very much a part defined buy "you get what you pay for"
the good solid ones
ebay ones

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

juggaloMar-05-08 08:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#31144, "RE: Strut tower brace"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah a solid like the neuspeed is the best. if you do get an adjustable one, make sure and adjust it out(pushing on your strut towers, not pulling) alot of people adjust them wrong.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31035 Previous topic | Next topic