Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #310
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shock & Spring Question" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJan-01-01 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#310, "Shock & Spring Question"

I am starting to look at the suspension on my 95 GS and was wondering which springs are the best and also which shocks would accompany them. I would like to drop the car about 2". I don't want coilovers because this is strictly a summer car and don't want to change the settings once I get the front end aligned.

I figure that I will be putting 17" rims on and am also wondering about clearance with the wheel wells. I know that with larger rims there may be some rubbing issues, but haven't heard really anything about 17" problems.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kentJan-01-01 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#311, "RE: Shock & Spring Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, let see..... you can get pro-kit for about 1.2~1.5 inches drop, 2" drop may be to much for daily driving, also you will need front camber kit for 2" drop. About the shocks, maybe Tokico blue shock(non-ajust) otherwise get agx-red (ajust), lower our car looks really good, but I still miss the stock feeling when I pass a speed-bump.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dave16gtJan-01-01 12:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
38 posts,
#312, "RE: Shock & Spring Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Ive got the eibach pro kit and the blue tokico's. I drive the car daily and it feels nice and firm. I also have 17's on mine with 215/40s and they don't rub at all. Our cars have alot of room in the wheels wells so it should not be a problem.

Dave16gt

eclipse_gsJan-02-01 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#313, "RE: Shock & Spring Question"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a 95 GS too and I put 17 inch wheels with 225/45/17's on it. They fit fine but the car MUST be lowered. This setup raised the car a bit. I've got coilovers that I need to install so I'm going to lower it about 1.5 inches. Probably going to need rear camber kits though. I've heard many different opinions on this.....under 2 inches dont worry about cambers...over 2 inches get them. I've also heard the reverse of this is true. Does anyone know for sure???

TeamStan2gntJan-03-01 01:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#314, "RE: Shock & Spring Question"
In response to Reply # 0

215/45 225/40 or 225/45/17 will fit without rubbing with proper offset rims. The only real concern is the rear suspension arm (look back there and you'll see). As for struts the rear AGX are great. The fronts are a little bouncy but people with the tokico illuminas say the same thing. Have yet to hear any complaints about Konis other than the adjustments aren't marked. Your on your own with spring selection since too many exist and most have only had one or maybe two sets at best. Suspension tech springs ride good, look decent but could be a little stiffer for my taste. Anyway you can see how they look in the pic. Thats with stock struts. AGX struts raised my front end (which I dont mind too much since the 97' front end is lower).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Wildflyer897Mar-26-04 09:51 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
34 posts,
#23254, "RE: Shock & Spring Question"
In response to Reply # 4

i want skunk2 coilovers and some nice adjustable struts but i don't know what i want.. any ideas for about 1.5 drop.. i know there adjustable but i would like to raise it to stock or close to it in winter and slam it for show..

i will have 225/40/18's all around

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #310 Previous topic | Next topic