Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30833
View in linear mode

Subject: "A different kind of question for spring/shock setup." Previous topic | Next topic
icsunonoveOct-24-07 06:28 PM
Member since Apr 16th 2007
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30833, "A different kind of question for spring/shock setup."
Oct-24-07 06:46 PM by icsunonove

96 Avenger, Ive been searching on here, and couldnt really find any help with what im looking for. I think I want the Springs with the LEAST amount of drop, and Struts with the most comfort. Basically, I just want it to be as good riding as possible, and not be a dramatic drop. I dont care if the handling isnt great great, I dont autoX or anything with this car anyways. Can I get some suggestions?

OH! and also, Can I put Eclipse Springs/and or Struts on my avenger? And tell me about the Tein Htech. As of now I'm thinken Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX combo? And LASTLY, let me know if I need a camber kit. por favor!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GOct-25-07 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30834, "RE: A different kind of question for spring/shock setup."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-25-07 07:20 AM by RoninEclipse2G

the Tein H tech springs will be a minimal drop (less than an inch IIRC) but the avenger weighs more, so they might drop more than an eclipse/talon. don't know if they will require camber kits with that little of a drop.

for just a comfortable ride the KYB GR2 struts are similar to brand new stock struts. easy on the backside and they deal with small suspension drops well
you can usually find a set on ebay for ~$150

don't do the AGX struts with any lowering, the strut body is too tall and can bottom out even with factory ride height on nasty roads.

eibach prokit is about ~1.5" drop IIRC, and will need camber kits to keep from destroying tires

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

icsunonoveOct-25-07 11:25 AM
Member since Apr 16th 2007
9 posts,
#30835, "RE: A different kind of question for spring/shock setup."
In response to Reply # 1

Yea I already have front GR-2's, so if I can get away with GR-2's with the Htech springs I would definately do that. Does anyone know for sure if the Htech's will work on an avenger (if i buy an eclipse set)? Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30833 Previous topic | Next topic