Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30532
View in linear mode

Subject: "yesssssssssssssssss!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
barza21Jun-14-07 10:19 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30532, "yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"

to all the dudes that helped me thanks, i just got my GSX front calipers, they are huge!!! i just need to get some ss lines and some good pads, i already ordered my new rotors, yesss!!!

question though, i was trying to find it how to paint the calipers, but i could only find vague description on how to do it. is there a vfaq for painting them? or can somebody guide me on doing it?? what type of degree paint should i get 500 or 1000 degree paing??

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-14-07 10:25 AM, #1
RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-14-07 11:12 AM, #2
      RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-15-07 01:58 AM, #4
RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, DirtMegirt, Jun-14-07 05:26 PM, #3
RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-15-07 10:40 AM, #5
      RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, foggy45, Jun-15-07 06:30 PM, #6
           RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-15-07 11:21 PM, #7
                RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-16-07 04:20 AM, #8
                     RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-16-07 10:41 AM, #9
                          RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, Slimyjr., Jun-17-07 11:34 AM, #10
                               RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-17-07 05:50 PM, #11
                                    RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, EclipseTical, Jun-18-07 06:18 AM, #12
                                         RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-18-07 09:07 AM, #13
                                              RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, goalie40, Jun-18-07 01:42 PM, #14
                                                   RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-19-07 04:50 AM, #15
                                                        RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, barza21, Jun-19-07 07:42 AM, #16
                                                             RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-19-07 08:09 AM, #17

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-14-07 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30533, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Ask and you shall receive...

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Caliper%20Painting

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

barza21Jun-14-07 11:12 AM
313 posts,
#30535, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks dude, but for better result aint i supposed to put it in the oven several times or something like that? because i have read around but there is no write up for it.

thanks

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-15-07 01:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#30537, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

You could bake them a few times, but how many people want to put car parts in their oven in there home? Maybe if someone had a dedicated oven for powder coating or of that nature.

I contributed to the Wiki.

DirtMegirtJun-14-07 05:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30536, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by barza21
i just need to get some ss lines and some good pads

Road Race Engineering has SS brake lines and a few pads for ya, http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclbrakes.htm

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

barza21Jun-15-07 10:40 AM
313 posts,
#30542, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks dudes, i will try and order the ss lines asap, and the pads.
as for the breaks i will give it a try with the last coat!! i will place them in the oven for around 30 min just to get it to stick!

thanks dudes

p.s. how many degrees do i have the oven set to?? 300, 400, 500??

foggy45Jun-15-07 06:30 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#30543, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i used high temp enamel paint
after cleaning and preping i painted them in 4-5 coats
then i set the oven to 250 degrees for 1 hour, then warm (lowest it will go usually 120 or so and left it for 4 hours

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

barza21Jun-15-07 11:21 PM
313 posts,
#30544, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

cool, thanks , thats the answer i needed

RoninEclipse2GJun-16-07 04:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30545, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

if you do bake them in the oven, do it when you can be out of the house (it stinks) and open up the house cause it will smoke a touch. other things that help is to wrap a cookie sheet with aluminum foil so that the paint doesn't transfer and cook to the cookie sheet.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

barza21Jun-16-07 10:41 AM
313 posts,
#30546, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

thanks i will try it asap!

Slimyjr.Jun-17-07 11:34 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#30549, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

Invest in a good dremmel tool. You'll need it cleaning those bad boys up. I used a dremmel with a steel wire brush head thingy and went through 4 getting the brackets and calipers all shiny before i painted them.

I used 500 degree engine enamel. Sprayed a couple coats of clear coat on it and it looks good. No flaking or chipping.

barza21Jun-17-07 05:50 PM
313 posts,
#30551, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

what do you guys mean by clear coat and heavy coat???

EclipseTicalJun-18-07 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#30552, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by barza21
what do you guys mean by clear coat and heavy coat???

Clear coat is just what it sounds like, a clear coat that you spray on as the final step once you've done all your color layers. Just like the clear coat on your body's paint. Protects the color from flaking and typically makes it deeper/shinier. You will find it next

A heavy coat would just be if you spray a "heavy", as in a lot of paint, in one coat. Not reccomended or it will run and look like ass. You're better off doing several light coats to get the paint even.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

barza21Jun-18-07 09:07 AM
313 posts,
#30554, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

sounds good, everyday i learn more and more! thanks

goalie40Jun-18-07 01:42 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30555, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

20.00 caliper paint kit at redline they had the basics red black blue nice thick paint. I did mine in 3 coats. I didnt have to bake anything

didnt know you could clear them any special kind.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

RoninEclipse2GJun-19-07 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30557, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

high temp engine enamel comes in clear.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

barza21Jun-19-07 07:42 AM
313 posts,
#30561, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

thanks for all your replies, but one last thing, how do you guys think it would look if i only painted the brakets black, and cleand the rest of the caliper so much till it looks really clean??

do you guys think it would look good?

RoninEclipse2GJun-19-07 08:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30562, "RE: yesssssssssssssssss!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

Really clean is still dull cast grey, I soaked a set for an integra I had once in chem-dip for a few days and then brakleened and scrubbed the hell outta them. they were clean but still blah. ended up hitting that set with some high temp aluminum silver, looked really nice IMO

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30532 Previous topic | Next topic