Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30299
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?" Previous topic | Next topic
mcgyvrApr-19-07 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30299, "Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"

Just wondering if anyone has Ksport or NEX coilovers.
I've got the itch to change my suspension and they look like a better alternative to teins with much more adjustments.

Ksport to me looks the best and it comes with top pillow mounts

I'm referring to these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ksport-Full-Coilover-Kit-Coilovers-95-99-Eclipse-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ016QQitemZ260108733548QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Or these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-Full-Coilover-Kit-Coilovers-95-99-Eclipse-Talon-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ016QQitemZ260109100408QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, TeamDR1665, Apr-22-07 09:17 AM, #1
RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-07 11:14 AM, #2
      RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, TeamDR1665, Apr-25-07 11:26 AM, #3
           RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, ChloRure, May-11-07 07:33 PM, #4
                RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-11-07 09:02 PM, #5
                     RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, dalesmitsu, May-11-07 10:44 PM, #6
                          RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, XMasta19, May-12-07 03:37 AM, #7
                          RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, ChloRure, May-12-07 06:35 PM, #8
                               RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, freelancefool, May-12-07 07:21 PM, #9
                                    RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, 2GeclipseRS, Jun-05-07 06:23 AM, #10
                                         RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, DirtMegirt, Jun-05-07 04:25 PM, #13
                                         RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-06-07 10:28 AM, #15
                                         RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, freelancefool, Jun-05-07 05:24 PM, #14
                          RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-05-07 09:36 AM, #11
                               RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, talon749, Jun-05-07 10:56 AM, #12
                               RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, barza21, Jun-08-07 08:04 AM, #16
                                    RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-08-07 09:03 AM, #17
                                         RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, freelancefool, Jun-08-07 01:30 PM, #18
                                              RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, XMasta19, Jun-09-07 06:33 AM, #19
                               RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, 2GeclipseRS, Jun-10-07 12:44 PM, #20
                                    RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, CustomGS, Jun-11-07 09:13 AM, #21
                                         RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, Penumbra, Jul-17-07 06:04 PM, #22
                                              RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?, ChloRure, Aug-03-07 07:22 PM, #23

TeamDR1665Apr-22-07 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30304, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 0

They don't look too bad. Can't say I've heard of either of them, but it's worth a shot, right? If you get them, write up an article in the Wiki about how the install goes and your initial thoughts on quality and performance. Then you can come back a couple thousand miles later and post up what you think of them over the long haul.

Nobody will ever know if nobody ever tries them...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-25-07 11:14 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#30307, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-25-07 11:16 AM by eclipse982nrRST

A local w/ a 2g talon has the K Sports and they are nice.

To be completely honest, I like the ride better with his K Sports then the ride with my Tein Basic adjustables.

They are damper adjustable too. Real nice smooth ride, not too rough and deff not bouncey.

I would buy them if I could sell my Tein's.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

TeamDR1665Apr-25-07 11:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#30308, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
To be completely honest, I like the ride better with his K Sports then the ride with my Tein Basic adjustables.

Thank you for sharing that, Mike. It's good to have that comparison available.

Cheers.

ChloRureMay-11-07 07:33 PM
Member since May 16th 2006
262 posts,
#30374, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 3

Humm I was interested in their kit but I saw its a 13/7 setting for the stiff... thats seem to be high for the front for daily driving ? If I compare with tein.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-11-07 09:02 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#30375, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 4

Both look very nice. I would say based on Mike's judgement i would go with the K-sport. Mike isnt one to give bad advise just to sit by and laugh.

The more I see you guys going with coilover setups the more I think someday I might as well too.

Terry

dalesmitsuMay-11-07 10:44 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#30376, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Both look very nice. I would say based on Mike's judgement i would go with the K-sport. Mike isnt one to give bad advise just to sit by and laugh. The more I see you guys going with coilover setups the more I think someday I might as well too. Terry

Same here, but i was thinking more of Ground control and Tokico Ill adjustable. Would Kyb AGx work with ground control. Hows the overall with these.. I'm on a budget I can't go too deep depends on what site has them cheaper.

XMasta19May-12-07 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#30377, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 6

I too will have to add to this...I also had a buddy running the Ksports, and they are definitely a

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

ChloRureMay-12-07 06:35 PM
262 posts,
#30382, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 7

But 13/7 is not to stiff for street use ? If you wont like to feel all hole on the road ? Tein is like 9/6 and ksport 13-7

freelancefoolMay-12-07 07:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30383, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by ChloRure
But 13/7 is not to stiff for street use ? If you wont like to feel all hole on the road ? Tein is like 9/6 and ksport 13-7

Well you need to consider the motion ratio on our cars. The motion ratio is about .9 up front and about .6 in the rear. So the 13kg up front is more like 11kg and the 7kg is more like 4kg. That probably isn't terribly stiff.

Also, the quality of the damper has a lot to do with the ride quality. A quality damper that reacts quickly will result in a smoother ride.

Check these out. I'll probably buy these at some point to see how well they ride.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KW-COILOVERS-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-D30-STAINLESS-WOW_W0QQitemZ280005896747QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

My Blog

2GeclipseRSJun-05-07 06:23 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#30480, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 9

Do the ksport coilovers come with everything needed to adjust camber or do you need a separate kit?

I've been looking into buying these over a lowering spring/shock combo. Something about being able to raise or lower my car when i see fit is nice and i hear if your car is too low in some states, they can write you a ticket and even impound your car....

DirtMegirtJun-05-07 04:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
#30487, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Do the ksport coilovers come with everything needed to adjust camber or do you need a separate kit?

To the best of my knowledge, none of the coilover kits offered for our platform allow camber adjustments from the top mount. I have inquired into a few brands and have been told that the top mounts are just aluminum top mounts, not pillow-ball or camber adjusting. I know Tein advertises pillow-ball, i'm just not sure they are for our vehicle.

RoninEclipse2GJun-06-07 10:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30494, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 13

I believe the tein flex series do have the uppper adjustable pillowball mounts, but the problem on our cars is the way the struts are monted that doesn't do much at all, if anything. only moving the position of the control arms or the ball joints will affect the camber. moving the top of the strut just really changes the top position of the strut, not much else.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

freelancefoolJun-05-07 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30491, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 10

You need either an Ingall's camber kit or the RRE upper control arms. Buy the Ingall's camber kit. You will lose about an inch or so of travel.

My Blog

RoninEclipse2GJun-05-07 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30482, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Would Kyb AGx work with ground control.

don't touch the AGX with a 10' pole, they're longer bodied than stock and bottom out too easy.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

talon749Jun-05-07 10:56 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#30483, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 11

Tokico makes a good strut/ spring combo... both the blues and the adjustable whites are great for street/ track use. I know that koni struts wear out quickly

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

barza21Jun-08-07 08:04 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#30509, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 12

as all of u may know im new to the eclipse suspension and kinda have an idea of what u guys are talking about, but do these coilovers replace the shocks and springs in our cars? they look clean and everything and i have been looking into droping my car a couple of inches, but if this thing is adjustable, i just might as well learn about it and get it!

RoninEclipse2GJun-08-07 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#30510, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 16

yes they do replace both the spring and the strut (shock, damper, whatever) and the adjustability makes them very nice for getting the car "dialed-in" just right to your liking. they do cost quite a bit more but the adjustability is the key to a true coilover system.

side note: just a little tip for the future, please make sure you use full words and punctuation. the teenie bopper aol'er speak is really annoying to most of us here, Especially those of us that are able to give the biggest help.

Erik P.

freelancefoolJun-08-07 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30512, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 17

Pot/Kettle. I would learn to use the shift key before you get all uppity about punctuation.

My Blog

XMasta19Jun-09-07 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#30513, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 18

+1...and for reference purposes: our cars have struts.

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

2GeclipseRSJun-10-07 12:44 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#30516, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Would Kyb AGx work with ground control.
don't touch the AGX with a 10' pole, they're longer bodied than stock and bottom out too easy.

Very, very good to know. Wow. I went down the street to advanced to see what kind of shit they could order for me. ( Those were pretty much the only shocks they could get for my car. I inquired about eibachs and tokico illuminas and "NO." One of the guys in there was being a smartass and said "why dont you try the dealership." He ran and hid in the back after i started spouting off everything i need for my car for the guy at the front to look up for me.

Pretty much, they told me some noise like "that'll be about $950 for the pro kit and the agx's" For that price, might as well go full coilover.

Go big or go home. Haha.

CustomGSJun-11-07 09:13 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30522, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 20
Jun-11-07 09:15 AM by CustomGS

Mcgyvr, If you are still looking for opinions, i can offer mine as i have had both NEX and Ksport. I know the n3wb brought back another post from the dead, but i missed it when you first posted.

The Nex SS took a shit on me in about a year. My recommendation between those 2 would be the Ksports hands down. Very nice metallic orange color as well. Ride was very nice.

Oh, and i believe the Ksport had a little more range with ride height compared to the NEX.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

PenumbraJul-17-07 06:04 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
34 posts,
#30603, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 21

A little late for me as well, but for what it's worth....

My personal opinion would be to go for the K-Sports. I have had these in my brother's MX-6 for almost a year now and am very pleased with them. They ride very nice for the amount the car is lowered (not quite as nice as my GTO, but better than my Talon on Tein S-tech springs)

The range of adjustment is great and should cover any set-up you'll want. They are also fully rebuildable and available with custom valving.

1997 Eagle Talon ESi:|Shaved 2Gb bumper|CP CAI w/ K&N Filter and cold air box|Megan Racing Headers|Solid shifter bushings |PowerSlot rotors/Hawk HPS
pads|Rear Disk Conversion | Prothane Engine Mounts|Tokico Illumina struts|Tein S-Tech springs|Front/Rear Upper and Lower Braces |Energy Suspension Bushings|
55mm Half Shaft TB|Greddy eManage Ultimate|AEM UEGO Wideband|Autometer gauges
1987 Trans Am GTA: Project

ChloRureAug-03-07 07:22 PM
262 posts,
#30626, "RE: Anyone with Ksport or NEX coilovers?"
In response to Reply # 22
Aug-03-07 07:42 PM by ChloRure

What about the difference with koni yellow/tein spring and the ksport coil over ?

the guy on ebay now sell those coilover 825$ instead of 675.... and can get tein basic for 690$

Im about to change my setup in 2 weeks.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30299 Previous topic | Next topic