Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29322
View in linear mode

Subject: "18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching." Previous topic | Next topic
willmayoMay-15-06 12:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29322, "18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."

I have tein s-tech springs, ~1.3" drop. 225/45/18 (yes, 45) tires. trying to figure out if these +33 wheels will rub real bad or not. I've read and read and read about people running even lower offsets with wider tires and having little problems. I figured that it will stick out 17mm from where my wheels are now.

I know i'd be better off with a +40 or so.

I already have the tires (potenza s-03's brand new 314$ shipped).

The wheels are available only in +33 until the first of june.

Right now i'm running on a tire that has been showing belts for a week or so, and i do quite a bit of driving so i need to get these damn wheels asap.

Anyway, is this +33 going to be able to work, or is it too low.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., Moderatorxcasbonx, May-15-06 01:39 PM, #1
RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., willmayo, May-15-06 08:14 PM, #2
      RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., Moderatorxcasbonx, May-16-06 02:37 AM, #3
           RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., FlyinEsi, May-17-06 08:57 AM, #4
                RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., willmayo, May-17-06 05:08 PM, #5
                     RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching., willmayo, Jun-12-06 10:51 PM, #6

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-15-06 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29323, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 0
May-15-06 04:01 PM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by willmayo
I have tein s-tech springs, ~1.3" drop. 225/45/18 (yes, 45) tires. trying to figure out if these +33 wheels will rub real bad or not. Anyway, is this +33 going to be able to work, or is it too low.

I just put on my 18 x 8.5's with a +43mm offset. Still at stock height, but I am planning on lowering with the S Techs in the next month. I think with the 1.3" drop thats about as far as I'm going to be able to go. Especially with such a wide wheel.

I think you'd be alright with a 225/40...it may be close, but should fit. Not too sure if a 225/45 will fit, however.

Edit: heres a couple pics

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

willmayoMay-15-06 08:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#29325, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 1

thanks for the response and pictures, do you have any from more towards the front or rear? do they stick out very much?

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
Clinton Township, MI

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-16-06 02:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#29326, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 2
May-16-06 07:06 AM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by willmayo
thanks for the response and pictures, do you have any from more towards the front or rear? do they stick out very much?

I'll have to take another picture from the front and rear. They do stick out some, but I think it gives more of an agressive look. I'll take another pic on my lunchbreak and have it up this afternoon.

Edit: Here are the pics...

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

FlyinEsiMay-17-06 08:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#29332, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 3

Nobody has mentioned this, but my rims were a +42 offset as well, and I think the stock rims are approx +40. You wouldn't want to go much less than that with a wider tire because you would be getting close to hitting the control arms, is that correct or am I understanding offset incorrectly?

willmayoMay-17-06 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#29334, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 4
May-17-06 05:10 PM by willmayo

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Nobody has mentioned this, but my rims were a +42 offset as well, and I think the stock rims are approx +40. You wouldn't want to go much less than that with a wider tire because you would be getting close to hitting the control arms, is that correct or am I understanding offset incorrectly?

Stock I believe is +46 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The lower you go, the farther from the hub you're spacing the wheel, and vice versa. i'm going 13mm lower than stock, which would make the wheel/tire stick out another 13mm (~1/2") than it does stock if it were the same width rim. Add in the extra inch of wheel and tire (1/2" on the inside, 1/2" on the outside), and i'm sticking out an inch from where i am now.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
Clinton Township, MI

willmayoJun-12-06 10:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#29421, "RE: 18 x 7.5" +33 offset? did lots of searching."
In response to Reply # 5

For reference's sake, the wheels do fit.

18" 225/45/18 +33

Rubbed in the back AND the front at first, some fender rolling with 3" steel pipe cured that nicely.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
Clinton Township, MI

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29322 Previous topic | Next topic