Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29215
View in linear mode

Subject: "?? about rear suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
Dsm98NtApr-30-06 04:06 PM
Member since Apr 19th 2006
188 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29215, "?? about rear suspension"

Ive looked at other peoples eclipses in my area and they all have there rear tires at an angle. The bottom of the tire is out and the top is inward. Fuck dont remember if its camber or caster lol. But yea just wondering if thats normal or needs to be aligned. its not pointing out alot just alittle. (Once again another stupid question from me! lol)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ?? about rear suspension, clips3kid, Apr-30-06 04:41 PM, #1
RE: ?? about rear suspension, mcgyvr, May-01-06 06:14 AM, #2
      RE: ?? about rear suspension, EclipseSix, May-01-06 06:58 AM, #3
           RE: ?? about rear suspension, nonamerat, May-01-06 11:54 AM, #4
                RE: ?? about rear suspension, EclipseSix, May-02-06 01:02 PM, #5
                     RE: ?? about rear suspension, Blk95GS, May-06-06 10:01 AM, #6
                          RE: ?? about rear suspension, clips3kid, May-06-06 01:20 PM, #7
                               RE: ?? about rear suspension, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-06-06 04:48 PM, #8
                                    RE: ?? about rear suspension, Jem09, May-06-06 05:43 PM, #9

clips3kidApr-30-06 04:41 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29216, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

its camber

it wears ur tires... unevenly

it should be fixed by getting an alignment, if its lowered it may need a camber kit. Huge drops (2+ inches) should get the front and rear Ingalls (or equivalent) camber kits. Minor drops can use the $15 camber mod listed on the front of the site.

its better for cornering and things, but wears ur tires like crazy wild, unless u wanna spend $150+ a tire, they have tires that can handle it and wear evenly, they are thicker on the inside edge, the treads designed for dropped cars.

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrMay-01-06 06:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#29221, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 1

yep, get a rear camber kit, and get it aligned problem solved..

and typically its the TOE being out of spec that kills tires after lowering with these cars.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

EclipseSixMay-01-06 06:58 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#29223, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

Toe can be fixed by an alignment right? Its only the camber that you need to use the kits/mods for right?

nonameratMay-01-06 11:54 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
#29224, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

Not to steal the thread, but it's on topic of alignments. Where did all of you take your cars to get aligned if it was lowered. No place around where I live is willing to do lowered cars

EclipseSixMay-02-06 01:02 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#29229, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

This place called AutoFix did mine, they were reccommended to me by DiscountTire, but I'm pretty sure its not a big chain, only like 4 or 5 stores and probably only in this area. I pulled up and the one guy said he wasn't sure if it would fit on the ramp or whatever cuz it was low, but the tech came out and they did it and everything, 59.99 after a 10 buck discount and a 1 month guarantee (for me to get my camber adjustments)

Blk95GSMay-06-06 10:01 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#29250, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 5

Firestone didn't have a problem with mine as long as I provided the lumber to help it on the rack. Lifetime for ~$140. But keep an eye on them while they have your car. (monkey tried to drive off still hooked to the computer)

As for the toe adjustability... dropped 2", camber corrected, the factory toe adjusters would not bring the car back to spec. Serious toe out. So I had to compromise by creating more neg camber to straighten the toe.

From the factory camber should be slightly negative, either these cars you're seeing are out of spec or you've got a good eye to spot the -1 to -2 degree lean.

clips3kidMay-06-06 01:20 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
#29251, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 6

well, NTB said theyd do it until i told them it was lowered. They said "We cannot account for the additional camber you will have due to the lowering of the car, you will need a camber kit"

so i told them id buy one... they said "We dont install aftermarket parts" which is BS... but, whatever, so im getting it installed and aligned at the same time by this place across from my work, heisley tire or something, said its $59 for the alignment and the camber kit will be priced on the hour...

im still waiitng on my kit, now i will see what i can talk them into when i tell them i need tires the same day, and hand them a fat wad of 20's

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-06-06 04:48 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#29252, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 7

Do you guys have to remove your front bumper to get it aligned? The NTB by me has the front assy with the cross laser and my factory bumper hangs to low to allow the laser from left to right to make it under the car. I have prokits.

Terry

Jem09May-06-06 05:43 PM
Member since Jul 12th 2005
224 posts,
#29253, "RE: ?? about rear suspension"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Do you guys have to remove your front bumper to get it aligned? The NTB by me has the front assy with the cross laser and my factory bumper hangs to low to allow the laser from left to right to make it under the car. I have prokits. Terry

When I had mine aligned this Sat., I already had my front bumper off (I'm fabricatin' it)... After everythin' was finished, I was told that havin' my front bumper off helped them... Altho', I didn't ask why, I was in a rush to run other errands...

Peace,
Jem

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29215 Previous topic | Next topic