Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29187
View in linear mode

Subject: "Advice on choosing an 18" tire." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxApr-27-06 02:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29187, "Poll question: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."

I'm getting ready to purchase tires for my new wheels, and I've came down to 2 choices. I'm having a tough time trying to decide even after reading several reviews of both tires online. So who else to ask for an opinion other than fellow members of this forum?

Tire size will be 225/40/18. Car will not be driven in snow, however it will see rain from time to time during the spring/summer/fall.

On tirerack's site, they rate the g-force sport an 8.3/10 and the Kumho's a 8.1/10. However reviews are about equal, I'd say people favor the BF Goodrichs slightly. Give me your opinion.

Poll result (4 votes)
BF Goodrich G-Force Sport (1 votes)Vote
Kumho ECSTA MX (3 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-27-06 04:04 PM, #1
RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., donnyb373, May-03-06 01:35 AM, #2
      RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., Moderatorxcasbonx, May-03-06 05:55 AM, #3
           RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., EclipseTenzoR, May-03-06 01:33 PM, #4
RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., Teamner947, May-03-06 03:45 PM, #5
RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., donnyb373, May-04-06 01:25 AM, #6
      RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire., Moderatorxcasbonx, May-04-06 01:48 AM, #7

ModeratorxcasbonxApr-27-06 04:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29196, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 0

...and nobody gives a rats ass.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

donnyb373May-03-06 01:35 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#29231, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 1

i have dunlop sp sport 225s on mine, stick to the road good, and even better when you push them, they handle extreamly well in the rain too

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-03-06 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#29236, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 2

I ended up getting the Kumho's since they were on sale. I need to get them mounted on my rims now...but I won't be able to drive the car yet till I get this electrical problem figured out in the meantime.

EclipseTenzoRMay-03-06 01:33 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#29238, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 3

I am riding on some kumhos rite now, they are a pretty good tire. I don't get hardly any road noise from them, they are beefy and the car rides good on them. I am satisfied with my purchase.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Teamner947May-03-06 03:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#29239, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 0

I've had 3 different sets of tires on my 2G since I bought it a few years ago...I like to always try something new as far as tires go.

Yokohama AVS Intermediates - discontinued, inexpensive, excellent cornering response, decent straight line traction, bad rain performance, crappy treadwear, noisy

Bridgestone Potenza SO3 - expensive, excellent cornering response, decent straight line traction, decent rain performance, reasonable treadwear, somewhat noisy.

Toyo Proxy T1-S - got them wicked cheap used with about 2/3 tread left, good cornering response, excellent straight line traction, decent rain performance, reasonable treadwear, inconclusive on noise for I have not worn them out yet.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

donnyb373May-04-06 01:25 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#29240, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 5

yea the proxys are good as well, iv had those and the bf goodritch t/a's but in my personal opinion the dunlope have out performed all of the above

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-04-06 01:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#29241, "RE: Advice on choosing an 18" tire."
In response to Reply # 6

I'll be getting the tires and rims mounted next week. I'll take some pictures and let you guys check it out. I'm out of town this weekend on a fishing trip in southern Indiana.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29187 Previous topic | Next topic