Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29123
View in linear mode

Subject: "blown strut again, wheel bowed out." Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Apr-14-06 09:28 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29123, "blown strut again, wheel bowed out."

Ok so My right rear strut blew again. The first time was because it was dropped 2 inches. This time I think it was just bad strut. Anywas the fluids leaking out and I have a new strut imma install sunday when I get time. Will it be safe to drive at slower speeds for awhile? Also, The wheel is bowed out at the bottom. Could this be because of the blown strut? Or did something else cause the wheel to go out and that cause the strut to blow? Im thinking just the blew strut causing the wheel problem. I just want to make sure before I repalce it just so it dosetn happen again. Thanks!

Thanks, Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Doug96GSApr-25-06 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29179, "RE: blown strut again, wheel bowed out."
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-25-06 05:51 AM by Doug96GS

A blown strut shouldn't affect your wheel camber if that's what you're talking about. Are you sure that the wheel wasn't like that before you noticed that the strut was blown? It should be ok to drive around with a blown strut if you have to. Try to keep the speed down and avoid potholes and such. Your car just might feel bouncy in the back.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gc8dc95Apr-25-06 05:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#29180, "RE: blown strut again, wheel bowed out."
In response to Reply # 1

Actually couldnt it affect camber in the way that when the strut is blown all the weight would be on the spring only?? There would be no resistance from the shock puching back up, so in turn the car would sit lower and the camber would be negatively affected?? Correct me if I am wrong here guys..., but this makes sense to me.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi