Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29004
View in linear mode

Subject: "weird shifting on left turns only???" Previous topic | Next topic
420AdebtMar-22-06 03:19 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2005
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29004, "weird shifting on left turns only???"

my car kinda shifts left and right, but my steering wheel remains in place when I take left turns only? really weird, when I was rebuilding my engine and had the front two tires off the ground, I shook everything to check it and everything seemed fine... would the rear suspension have anything to do w/ this? b/c that's the only thing I havent checked or even thought of?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: weird shifting on left turns only???, 420Adebt, Mar-22-06 04:08 PM, #1
RE: weird shifting on left turns only???, gc8dc95, Mar-22-06 04:39 PM, #2
      RE: weird shifting on left turns only???, 420Adebt, Mar-22-06 04:55 PM, #3
           how to test sway bar?, 420Adebt, Mar-22-06 05:01 PM, #4
                RE: how to test sway bar?, gc8dc95, Mar-22-06 05:27 PM, #5
                     RE: how to test sway bar?, gramozeka, Mar-23-06 01:31 PM, #6
                          RE: how to test sway bar?, 420Adebt, Mar-24-06 09:48 AM, #7
                               RE: how to test sway bar?, wite96gs, Mar-26-06 12:19 PM, #8

420AdebtMar-22-06 04:08 PM
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29005, "RE: weird shifting on left turns only???"
In response to Reply # 0

ok after reading a crapload of posts I found when I was searchin, I found one w/ a similar but not exact problem. Terry told him to check the sway bar, but what exactly is the sway bar? Like what is the technical term for it? B/c there is no sway bar in my chiltons.. thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gc8dc95Mar-22-06 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#29006, "RE: weird shifting on left turns only???"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main33/main33sub0.html

Part 33-110

Here's a link to CAPS, it is also commonly reffered to as a stabilizer bar.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Powered by NX wet kit

420AdebtMar-22-06 04:55 PM
257 posts,
#29007, "RE: weird shifting on left turns only???"
In response to Reply # 2

ok great thanks.. I knew there was another term for it other than sway bar... I'm guessing that would be the problem I'm having.. thanks

420AdebtMar-22-06 05:01 PM
257 posts,
#29008, "how to test sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-22-06 05:03 PM by 420Adebt

to test my sway bar (stabilizer bar) do I jack my car up and try moving it? b/c I'm pretty sure I tried when my car was jacked up and nothing moved anywhere, but I was just wondering if there were another test? thanks and is there a front and rear sway bar?

gc8dc95Mar-22-06 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#29009, "RE: how to test sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 4

GS, GST, GSX, TSi have front and rear
RS, ESi have only front

I am not sure of any other tests though. I have never really heard of a swaybar itself going bad unless it is broken. If it doesnt move I would say to start looking at alternatives. I could be wrong because I am not a suspension expert by any means.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi