Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28990
View in linear mode

Subject: "Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)" Previous topic | Next topic
edxmonMar-21-06 07:14 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28990, "Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
Mar-21-06 07:15 AM by edxmon

Well just got my Tokico Suspension Kit, and got it installed at a wheel place, and i think those idiots put one of the rear springs in the front. My passenger side front is LOWERED TO THE MAX, i can BARELY fit two of my skinny ass fingers in there (squeezing and slanting them a bit) on my drivers side i can fit 2-2.5 fingers in there just normal. and yea one of my rears is higher than the other, so they definetly fucked up...those birches...YO Sal, if you read this, meet at the pier ar 3ish

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), Chamuko, Mar-21-06 05:58 PM, #1
RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), edxmon, Mar-21-06 06:52 PM, #2
      RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), EclipseTenzoR, Mar-22-06 06:41 AM, #3
           RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), edxmon, Mar-22-06 07:07 AM, #4
                RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), .bs0d, Mar-22-06 07:39 AM, #5
                     RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!), edxmon, Mar-22-06 09:28 AM, #6

ChamukoMar-21-06 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28993, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 0

should have done it yourself.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

edxmonMar-21-06 06:52 PM
1006 posts,
#28994, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 1

yea...i figured...

his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

EclipseTenzoRMar-22-06 06:41 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#28995, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 2

You already payed for it so you mid as well take it back to them and rip them a new asshole until they fix the shit. Suspension is cake man you could have done this yourself

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

edxmonMar-22-06 07:07 AM
1006 posts,
#28996, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 3

i am going back and getting it fixed, but they were like this yesterday "oh i got some brakes to change and rotors to turn, i dont think ill be able to do your car...come back tomorrow, or leave ur car" im like WTF, just switch the damn springs. im afraid the spring wont go back up or the struts with the wrong spring will be messed up. but it looks nice on the really dropped side, and i only got 16s, but i dont think its good for the car with the streets here and all.

Originally posted by ez

.bs0dMar-22-06 07:39 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#28997, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 4

ugh, i hope thats not whats up with mine, described here:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=28824&mesg_id=28826&page=

was told it was tire-height... is there any other distinctive way to indicate wether or not the proper spring was installed on the proper end (front or back)

edxmonMar-22-06 09:28 AM
1006 posts,
#28998, "RE: Uneven drop...(dumbasses!)"
In response to Reply # 5

it really isnt a big deal, just switch the sprints, ok heres how u figure:

1.If any of the back sides is higher than the other: u prolly got a front spring in there
-since the front is made to support more weight it'll keep that side higher

2. If One of the Fronts is dropped more than the other, u prolly have a rear spring in there, since rear springs are made to support less weight.

i also read that the part number could end on a biger number in the front like Tokico500 for the front and Tokico400 for rear meaning the lesser number goes in the back. im just hopping it didnt mess anything up, if it did ill get this idiots to pay for it..

Originally posted by ez

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28990 Previous topic | Next topic