Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28643
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where can I get this bolt?" Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Jan-31-06 03:25 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28643, "Where can I get this bolt?"

Part # : MU432101
PNC: 40387C

Can I go to my loacl advance and give them that part # and get it ordered? Its the 22mm lower ball joint bolt. Or if anyone knows the thread size, I could go to lowes and get one asap. I know its around a m14 1.5(i forget but I think the 1.5 is called the step?) but i had one that was and it only went on for a little bit then wouldnt go anymore.

Thanks, Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where can I get this bolt?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-31-06 05:08 PM, #1
RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95Eclipse302, Feb-01-06 06:02 AM, #2
      RE: Where can I get this nut?, mcgyvr, Feb-01-06 08:18 AM, #3
           RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95Eclipse302, Feb-01-06 09:29 AM, #4
                RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-01-06 09:45 AM, #5
                     RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95Eclipse302, Feb-01-06 10:13 AM, #6
                          RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-01-06 10:48 AM, #7
                               RE: Where can I get this nut?, hazardeclipse, Feb-01-06 11:19 AM, #8
                                    RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-01-06 12:18 PM, #9
                                         RE: Where can I get this nut?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-01-06 04:51 PM, #10
                                              RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95Eclipse302, Feb-02-06 03:04 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Where can I get this nut?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-02-06 09:15 AM, #12

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-31-06 05:08 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28644, "RE: Where can I get this bolt?"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you talking about the Nut on the ball joint? there isnt a ball joint bolt.

if your taling about the nut you can get one at a pep boys or i can ship you one.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95Eclipse302Feb-01-06 06:02 AM
245 posts,
#28645, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 1

oops yeah i meant nut lol my B

Thanks, Brandon

mcgyvrFeb-01-06 08:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#28646, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 2

just got to the hardware store and pick up a castle nut (so the cotter pin goes through the nut) in the correct size

and just for reference the 1.5 is called the pitch.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

95Eclipse302Feb-01-06 09:29 AM
245 posts,
#28647, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 3

i cant do that since i lost BOTH of the bolts...one came off then i was gonna match the other one and someone lost it in the garage....so i need the size...

Thanks, Brandon

95_ESi_PersonFeb-01-06 09:45 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#28648, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 95Eclipse302
i cant do that since i lost BOTH of the bolts...one came off then i was gonna match the other one and someone lost it in the garage....so i need the size...

M14 x 1.5

Now you can get 2 brand-spankin-shiny-new castle nuts that match!

95Eclipse302Feb-01-06 10:13 AM
245 posts,
#28649, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 5

WTF Thats the kind I already had and it stopped going on half way?!? Also how can I use a cotter pin if there no hole in the ball joint thing...or is there?

Thanks, Brandon

95_ESi_PersonFeb-01-06 10:48 AM
3260 posts,
#28650, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-01-06 10:50 AM by 95_ESi_Person

Sorry, I thought you were saying that the original was at a 1.5 pitch, I didn't catch the AROUND part.

I forgot how the pitch goes... if it went on half way the pitch is really close.. try 1.25 or 1.75.

Hardware stores will take back nuts that you can't (didn't) use as long as you provide a recipt.

Make sure that you clean the threads of the bolt off before putting your nuts on. I had a problem with that before.

As for the crown nut, I think somebody was thinking of the crown nut for the Axle, and I wasn't paying attention to the original post.

Hit me up if you need anything, you already have my AIM screenname.

hazardeclipseFeb-01-06 11:19 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#28651, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 7

The tie rod end and the axle both have castle nuts and cotter pins. As for your lower ball joint, if you have a "C" clamp big enough you can apply pressure to the control arm and the bottom of the lower control arm enough so you can compress the ball joint and tighten the nut.

95_ESi_PersonFeb-01-06 12:18 PM
3260 posts,
#28652, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 8

when he was talking to me online from what I understood it was the bolt that goes through the control arm. Not the curvey control arm, but the beefy one.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-01-06 04:51 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#28654, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 9

That is still not a ball joint bolt.

Hardware store, find one and introduce yourself to the hardware isle.

95Eclipse302Feb-02-06 03:04 AM
245 posts,
#28656, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 10

i kno its not a bolt...if you read the post u see where i noticed it was a typo..anyways it was the m14 1.5 but the bolt I had 1st was boogered up...so I got anorther one and it went on fine....they both dont have cotter pins...imma get some castle nuts asap...but its all good now, thanks

Thanks, Brandon

95_ESi_PersonFeb-02-06 09:15 AM
3260 posts,
#28660, "RE: Where can I get this nut?"
In response to Reply # 11

if there is no cotter pin needed, no castle nuts are needed, just regular ones

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28643 Previous topic | Next topic