Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28567
View in linear mode

Subject: "car is droped-ed :D w/pix" Previous topic | Next topic
VOTBLINDUBJan-21-06 04:54 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28567, "car is droped-ed :D w/pix"

:D finally, its lowered. HUGE thanks to Phil for helping me out. I owe ya a case of beer on the next visit Phil, remind me. Car came down 1.25 inch. In the next couple of weeks it should settle in and come down 0.25 more for a full 1.5 inch drop. Ride is fine, it actually softened up a bit. Itll harden once i get the GR2 shocks in there in spring. I need to get a rear camber/caster kit, cuz ive got rear negative camber right now, but itll be okay temporarily. Next time ill be coming over with the camber kit and new timing belt, so if anyone wants to join us, come by, hang out. Heres some pics.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-21-06 10:41 PM, #1
RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, VOTBLINDUB, Jan-23-06 04:10 PM, #2
      RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, BlackMagic, Jan-23-06 04:27 PM, #3
           RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, saikou, Jan-23-06 05:25 PM, #4
                RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, Blizare, Jan-23-06 06:17 PM, #5
                     RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, nonamerat, Jan-24-06 07:24 AM, #6
                     RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, EglTalon_ESi, Feb-05-06 10:18 PM, #7
                     RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-03-06 09:27 AM, #8
                          RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, 96rs-t, Mar-03-06 01:39 PM, #9
                               RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, totaleclipse_05, Mar-08-06 08:48 AM, #10
                                    RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, MiztahfooLish, Mar-12-06 05:58 AM, #11
                                         RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix, Doug96GS, Mar-22-06 11:35 AM, #12

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-21-06 10:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28570, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn't worry too much about the camber. With a 1.5" drop, it'll be fine. HOWEVER, go get an alignment ASAP to fix the toe. That is what will make your tires wear faster. Not the camber.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBJan-23-06 04:10 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#28584, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 1

toe is fixed. got it done right there and then, free also and a free allignment heh-heh-heh

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

BlackMagicJan-23-06 04:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#28585, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 2

pics aren't workin for me

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

saikouJan-23-06 05:25 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#28586, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BlackMagic
pics aren't workin for me

Right click > Show Picture

BlizareJan-23-06 06:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#28587, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 4

I still don't understand why people are so impatient and put lowering springs on stock stuts?

Have fun changing them out again in a month after they start leaking shit all over and blow up.

Like shit, your strut has 4 inches of travel and you just took half of it away.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

nonameratJan-24-06 07:24 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
#28592, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Blizare
I still don't understand why people are so impatient and put lowering springs on stock stuts? Have fun changing them out again in a month after they start leaking shit all over and blow up. Like shit, your strut has 4 inches of travel and you just took half of it away.

Meh, Mine lasted about two years just fine. I didn't have the money to buy tokicos at the time and I needed to do away with that gap so it worked out for me

EglTalon_ESiFeb-05-06 10:18 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2003
104 posts,
#28677, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by nonamerat
Originally posted by Blizare I still don't understand why people are so impatient and put lowering springs on stock stuts? Have fun changing them out again in a month after they start leaking shit all over and blow up. Like shit, your strut has 4 inches of travel and you just took half of it away.
Meh, Mine lasted about two years just fine. I didn't have the money to buy tokicos at the time and I needed to do away with that gap so it worked out for me

Same here I have a set of sportlines 2" drop installed with stock struts for just over 2 years and they are still good.

EclipseTenzoRMar-03-06 09:27 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#28849, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Blizare
I still don't understand why people are so impatient and put lowering springs on stock stuts? Have fun changing them out again in a month after they start leaking shit all over and blow up. Like shit, your strut has 4 inches of travel and you just took half of it away.

Hey makes a strong point. Its exactly what happened to me, I did it because i was broke and impatient.. well I payed more in the end so start saving your money now friend

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

96rs-tMar-03-06 01:39 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#28850, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 8

I've been riding on blown shocks for like 2 years now.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

totaleclipse_05Mar-08-06 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#28884, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 9

Well I had my springs for a while, didn't put them on. I waited to get my struts because I did not want to do an alignment 2 times. (I have sportlines and tokico hp's). I wanted to do it right also because about 2-3 weeks after lowering it, I had to drive 1000+ miles down here to TX for college and I just had new tires put on also. There was no way I was going without an alignment and wearing my tires away on the trip. So I made sure I had everything I needed for the first time so I wouldn't have to put on springs, align, get down to TX, replace struts, align, replace tires. Too much work IMO to do stuff 2 times. Do it right the first time is my advice.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

MiztahfooLishMar-12-06 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
860 posts,
#28919, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 10

OEM stock struts + lowering springs = front bottom out and a dented oil pan & uneven tire wear

1995 RS-T @ 6psi......daily driver

Custom Stage 2 Turbo, Autometer gauges, K&N filter, 60MM Jeep TB, p&p intake manifold, 3" SS exhaust, test pipe, home-made polyurethane motor mounts & ES bushings, short shifter, Greddy shift knob, crankscraper

1999 GST......almost stock!

hard i/c pipes, intake, Greddy BOV, Greddy EVO 60mm catback exhaust, 3" SS downpipe, Autometer gauges

"Originally posted by DR1665
...Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight. Lata"

Doug96GSMar-22-06 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#28999, "RE: car is droped-ed :D w/pix"
In response to Reply # 11

I always get a kick out of people that say "Oh yea I dropped the car a year ago and never changed the struts and the car is great!" Right. Stock struts are not designed to handle the additional forces that are associated with installing stiffer springs. Period. Take a ride in a car that had the suspsension modified the right way the first time and you'll notice the difference. Do yourself a favor and do it the right way with new springs and new struts. Get an alignment after that. If there's one thing that you shouldn't half-ass when it comes to modifying your car, it's the suspension.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28567 Previous topic | Next topic