Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28540
View in linear mode

Subject: "camber kit questions" Previous topic | Next topic
baxsomJan-17-06 01:35 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28540, "camber kit questions"

ok if i missed this in a search i apologize
but what is the difference between an adjustable ball joint and adjustable anchor bolts for camber correction

i definetly need camber kits because when my car was up on the lift for the new exhaust installation the inside of each front tire is worn. I have thought about this before but never got around to doing it.

and was reading that the SPCs are pretty good quality so i was thinking about them for the fronts

i looked on this website
http://www.iapdirect.com/catalog_items.asp?vid=14

the rear looks easy
the 25 dollar ingalls bolt swap thing

the front has adjustable ball joints
spc part#67370
and adjustable anchor bolts spc part#87590

do I need both parts to adjust camber or if not which one would be better?

thanks

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Blk95GSJan-17-06 04:28 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28544, "RE: camber kit questions"
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty sure this info is around here somewhere.
I looked into this a little for my car so I'll share my reasoning too.
Anchor Bolts: replaces both stock anchor bolts either side of the strut mount, this moves the entire top bracket/arm out to correct camber. This design has had problems with the top bracket hitting the fender.

Balljoint: My preferred design. This only replaces the single balljoint at the front of the top bracket, this moves only the arm out to correct camber. (no fender clearance issues that I know of)

-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baxsomJan-18-06 12:02 AM
758 posts,
#28546, "RE: camber kit questions"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-18-06 12:04 AM by baxsom

i am sure that its here somewhere i just dont know enough about suspension to really understand what i am reading and dont want to make a mistake in my ignorance

thank you for clarifying what each part does. to avoid fender clearance problems i am going with the spc adjustable ball joints

now i just need an alignment to see if i need the extreme angle ones or not

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

mcgyvrJan-18-06 03:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#28547, "RE: camber kit questions"
In response to Reply # 2

Ive got rear camber kits for 15 dollars shipped if your interested.
send me an email if you want it and Ill send you paypal info.

Ive got multiple kits if anyone else wants one.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

VOTBLINDUBJan-21-06 05:04 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#28568, "RE: camber kit questions"
In response to Reply # 3

get the shit at napa, its cheap and works perfectly

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

baxsomJan-22-06 03:42 AM
758 posts,
#28571, "RE: camber kit questions"
In response to Reply # 4

ok i had the car aligned on sat

front left -1.6
front right -1.6
back left -3
back right -2.69

both the ingalls and the spc adjustable ball joint have a -1.5 to 1.5 kit and a up to 3 kit for the front
so i went ahead and got the up to 3 kit so i wasnt maxing out the adjustment

on the rear the home depot mod would be a lot of washers
and the ingalls camber bolt and washer setup for 25 dollars isnt enough of a change

so i am going with the ingalls extreme rear kit as well

the ball joints are more expensive but even the place i bought them
iapdirect said that you can run unto clearance issues with the adjustable anchor bolts so its better to go with the ball joints

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28540 Previous topic | Next topic