Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28494
View in linear mode

Subject: "1g front strut bar on 2gnt... pic inside..." Previous topic | Next topic
midnitetill678Jan-08-06 03:56 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2005
176 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28494, "1g front strut bar on 2gnt... pic inside..."
Jan-08-06 04:00 PM by midnitetill678

I know someone was asking if there was a front strut bar made that didnt go over the oil cap as it made filling oil a pain in the ass. I had a 1g strut bar laying around and decided to fit it to the vehicle today. Heres how it turned out.

Had to make the mounting holes a little bigger but that was all. No other modification was necessary.

"h*ttp://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000705large8nm.jpg"

((((take the (*) out of http.

couldnt get that to link up so theres the text above.

*98 eclipse rs
*2005 srt4 (screw the warranty let the modifications begin)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hazardeclipseJan-09-06 06:17 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28495, "RE: 1g front strut bar on 2gnt... pic inside..."
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-09-06 06:18 AM by hazardeclipse

Actually, procarparts.com has a strut tower bar that clears the oil cap... I just bought a set of the front and the rear, they were $20 a piece, They're a hell of a lot thicker than the megan racing bars, and dont flex at all. Just a word of warning, though, they're not pretty. Mine had polishing compound stuck in the corners and the holes drilled in the bar (that probibly dont do too much) aren't drilled very well. here's the pic of it installed in an actual 2gnt engine bay,

and here's the link... They have other bars on the page, but these actually had pictures with them, so i went with those...

http://www.procarparts.com/store-list.asp?categoryID=5&subcategoryID=43&maker=MITSUBISHI&model=ECLIPSE&year=1995

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareJan-09-06 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#28496, "RE: 1g front strut bar on 2gnt... pic inside..."
In response to Reply # 1

My Front strut bar was made for a 4g63 but I can still remove the cap without taking the bar off. It's tight but it's not a big deal.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

HadesOmegaJan-19-06 09:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#28564, "RE: 1g front strut bar on 2gnt... pic inside..."
In response to Reply # 2

hmm well never tried but I heard if you swap the ends on a 2g strut bar it will clear the oil cap.

or you can get a Neuspeed strut bar ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28494 Previous topic | Next topic