Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28218
View in linear mode

Subject: "road racing suspension setup" Previous topic | Next topic
zags13Oct-30-05 10:46 AM
Member since Feb 04th 2005
53 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28218, "road racing suspension setup"

I have a lot of downtime with my car, so I decided to go all out on it, and gear it towards the track. I have a 97 talon, with front and rear upper struts, KYB gr2 shocks, Eibach sport lines, BF Goodrich g-force TA KDW-2s (tires are awesome by the way) on a 225/45/17 inch rim. Minor bolt ons at this point, but more serous upgrades coming. I’m in the process of converting the rear to discs, and the fronts to gsx. My question is, what would be the best sway bars for me, and what else would you guys recommend for the track. Thanks for the input.

-Chris

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RxR_EclipseOct-29-05 04:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28223, "RE: road racing suspension setup"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-29-05 04:32 AM by RxR_Eclipse

I run the suspension techniques sways and they perform fairly well. The only thing that does suck is the turn in braking, when the rear gets a bit loose, other than that they are good. Most people here will tell you to get the RSDSM *I think that is the name*.

edit, they are rMdsm.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiOct-30-05 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#28220, "RE: road racing suspension setup. kinda long, sorry."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by zags13
I have a lot of downtime with my car, so I decided to go all out on it, and gear it towards the track. I have a 97 talon, with front and rear upper struts, KYB gr2 shocks, Eibach sport lines, BF Goodrich g-force TA KDW-2s (tires are awesome by the way) on a 225/45/17 inch rim. Minor bolt ons at this point, but more serous upgrades coming. I’m in the process of converting the rear to discs, and the fronts to gsx. My question is, what would be the best sway bars for me, and what else would you guys recommend for the track. Thanks for the input. -Chris

http://www.rernetworking.com/rmdsm/stabilizerbars.html

I would highly suggest a set of these fat boy stabilizer bars to upgrade the front on your car and add their rear to upgrade yours if you have one. You can also look for lower front and lower rear tie arms to go with the uppers to keep everything solid. Sounds like you have some good tires, but your suspension setup is going to be bumpy as all hell, maybe look into getting some fully adjustable coilovers, like Tein Type-SS or JIC suspension setups.

The upgraded brakes is a good idea. Also check out the Energy Suspension bushing kit. Just to help out with wheel hop and alignment changes under stressful cornering.

Good luck, happy racing.

zags13Oct-30-05 10:46 AM
Member since Feb 04th 2005
53 posts,
#28222, "RE: road racing suspension setup. kinda long, sorry."
In response to Reply # 2

sweet deal, thanks a lot

-chris

thedawgOct-31-05 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#28237, "RE: road racing suspension setup"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're serious about tracking, you might want to get something bigger in terms of braking. GSX is what I consider "spirited street" braking setup. GSX brakes last about 10 hours on a 300hp car before the seals melt. You should really look into Stoptech or Wilwood big brakes.

Also, the ES/Prothane full urethane bushing replacement is a cheap but SUPER time and labor consuming upgrade that makes a really big difference.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28218 Previous topic | Next topic