Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28198
View in linear mode

Subject: "Powerslot Rotors installed correct?" Previous topic | Next topic
ClayOct-27-05 09:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28198, "Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
Oct-27-05 09:01 AM by Clay

I've searched but came up with no clear cut answer. The picture below is how i installed the slotted rotors. Are the slots facing the correct direction?

Front driver side picture

95 GST | So-Cal

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, Jem09, Oct-27-05 09:08 AM, #1
RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, ModeratorVX100, Oct-27-05 09:23 AM, #2
      RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, Clay, Oct-27-05 10:29 AM, #3
           RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, Silv Blt, Oct-27-05 01:39 PM, #4
                RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, RxR_Eclipse, Oct-27-05 01:51 PM, #5
                RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, MCubed45, Oct-27-05 02:36 PM, #6
                     RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, Silv Blt, Oct-27-05 07:16 PM, #7
                          RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, thedawg, Oct-31-05 04:41 AM, #8
                               RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?, MCubed45, Oct-31-05 05:13 PM, #9

Jem09Oct-27-05 09:08 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2005
224 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28200, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Clay
I've searched but came up with no clear cut answer. The picture below is how i installed the slotted rotors. Are the slots facing the correct direction? Front driver side picture

If that's the drivers side, the vents need to be facin' the other way. I believe it needs to face that way to help "get rid of" the heat. When you're drivin', the middle of ya rotors "suck" in the "cool" air and pushes it out as it turns...

Matter of fact, does the back of the rotor state which side it needs to be installed on? If those are Powerslots, it should have a stamped "LF" or "RF"... Somethin' like that... I recall that because I installed Powerslots on the front and rear of my C220...

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas...

Peace,
Jem

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Oct-27-05 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#28204, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, the Powerslots should have a stamp on them which will indicate which side they belong on.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ClayOct-27-05 10:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#28208, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-27-05 10:51 AM by Clay

nm this is the correct way

95 GST | So-Cal

Silv BltOct-27-05 01:39 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
#28209, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 3

Actually, it doesn't matter either way. The only way it matters is if the veins inside the rotor have a direction and those are only on expensive brakes. Ours are all radial.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

RxR_EclipseOct-27-05 01:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#28210, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 4

My brembo's are left/right biased. While your upgrading get some good pads, I use Hawk HP+ for the street and the hawk race material for track (road course). Best pads I have ever used and I have used from axis to ebc. Although the hawk material tends to catch on fire easier...

Kevin
The old:

The new:

MCubed45Oct-27-05 02:36 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#28211, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Silv Blt
Actually, it doesn't matter either way. The only way it matters is if the veins inside the rotor have a direction and those are only on expensive brakes. Ours are all radial.

exactly. the slots are irrelevant in relation to which way the rotor gets mounted. the only thing you hafta look for is if your rotors are directionally vaned. obviously we can't see that from the picture you posted. if the internal vanes go straight out from the center of the rotor you can mount them on either side. whichever way you think looks nicer is fine. usually only high end rotors are directionally vaned so you prolly don't hafta worry. FYI if for some reason your rotors are directionally vaned you want them installed such that when the wheel is spinning it forces air outward through the vanes.

-marc

Silv BltOct-27-05 07:16 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
#28212, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by MCubed45
exactly. the slots are irrelevant in relation to which way the rotor gets mounted. the only thing you hafta look for is if your rotors are directionally vaned.

YAY! I was right for once! If you've got directionally vaned rotors, I'm highly jealous.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

thedawgOct-31-05 04:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#28239, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 7

Powerslots are directional, otherwise they wouldn't stamp Right and Left on them.

MCubed45Oct-31-05 05:13 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#28247, "RE: Powerslot Rotors installed correct?"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-31-05 05:14 PM by MCubed45

nm

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28198 Previous topic | Next topic