Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27949
View in linear mode

Subject: "how important is front sway bar?" Previous topic | Next topic
97grnRSSep-14-05 03:51 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2004
564 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27949, "how important is front sway bar?"

will it make a diff if i disconnect it for a while? cause both my links that connect it to shock arm are bad and every time i accellerate i hear a damn clunk from both sides. and when i hit a bump or turn hard. its annoying. is it needed? if so ill just buy both links but if not its off for now.

91 civic hatch, homemade turbo+ LS motor = 12 sec street car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how important is front sway bar?, Dinkjs, Sep-15-05 03:15 AM, #1
RE: how important is front sway bar?, mcgyvr, Sep-15-05 06:25 AM, #2
      RE: how important is front sway bar?, TeamDR1665, Sep-15-05 08:22 AM, #3
           RE: how important is front sway bar?, 97grnRS, Sep-15-05 11:19 AM, #4
                RE: how important is front sway bar?, Dinkjs, Sep-15-05 12:52 PM, #5
                     RE: how important is front sway bar?, 97grnRS, Sep-15-05 01:40 PM, #6
                     RE: how important is front sway bar?, Dinkjs, Sep-15-05 02:18 PM, #7
                          RE: how important is front sway bar?, 97grnRS, Sep-15-05 06:46 PM, #8
                     RE: how important is front sway bar?, Max-Eclipse, Sep-16-05 04:34 AM, #9

DinkjsSep-15-05 03:15 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27954, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ummmm it depends....going into the winter months....if you even live in an area that has a winter it is defently safer on public road with a front swaybar....keeps the car undercontrol......

Old = 1997 Eclipse GS
New = 2005 Scion xB

Member # 2283

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrSep-15-05 06:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#27955, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 1

important, buy the endlinks and fix it correctly..
you are the captain of ghetto (and thats not a good thing)..

IMO do it right or don't do it at all..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

TeamDR1665Sep-15-05 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#27957, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by mcgyvr
you are the captain of ghetto

LMFAO. That's good shit right there.

Then again, they call me "Captain Half-Ass."

Originally posted by mcgyvr
IMO do it right or don't do it at all..

Fucking a, man.

97grnRSSep-15-05 11:19 AM
564 posts,
#27959, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 3

why do u say that? and i did buy the links, are 95 talon links the same as 97 eclipse? they should be cause thats all the store could order.

DinkjsSep-15-05 12:52 PM
1035 posts,
#27960, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes they are the exact same....but I would of went ahead and upgraded to a better bushing for the links

Old = 1997 Eclipse GS
New = 2005 Scion xB

Member # 2283

97grnRSSep-15-05 01:40 PM
564 posts,
#27961, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 5

those links come apart? i dunno. i just want them fixed , i hate the clunk noise from them .

DinkjsSep-15-05 02:18 PM
1035 posts,
#27962, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 6

In order to put them back on your pretty much going to be taking them apart....which is extremely easy....unless your letting a mechanic do it for you

Old = 1997 Eclipse GS
New = 2005 Scion xB

Member # 2283

97grnRSSep-15-05 06:46 PM
564 posts,
#27964, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 7

ha, no i made my own turbo kit myself and rebuilt my motor myself i think i can handle puttin this dumb link on for about the 20th time ever. ha.

Max-EclipseSep-16-05 04:34 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#27965, "RE: how important is front sway bar?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Dinkjs
Yes they are the exact same....but I would of went ahead and upgraded to a better bushing for the links Old = 1997 Eclipse GS New = 2005 Scion xB Member # 2283

When something breaks, it's not a bad thing... it's just an oppurtunity for an upgrade.... why do you think there are so many heavily modded DSM's out there?!?!

lol

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27949 Previous topic | Next topic