Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27878
View in linear mode

Subject: "$170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?" Previous topic | Next topic
pfmicksSep-04-05 09:37 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27878, "$170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"

Looking to find the cheapest place to buy a pair of Brembo or Power Slot slotted rotors. So far the best places I've found are...

Tirerack.com
$180 Shipped-Brembo slotted rotors

Nopi.com
$170 Shipped-Brembo slotted rotors

Any input would be appreciated!

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, WickedESi, Sep-05-05 01:50 AM, #1
RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, totaleklipse97, Sep-05-05 04:41 AM, #2
RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-05-05 05:56 AM, #3
      RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-05-05 01:11 PM, #4
RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-05-05 01:13 PM, #5
      RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, WickedESi, Sep-05-05 06:31 PM, #6
           RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, totaleklipse97, Sep-05-05 06:41 PM, #7
                RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, BumpinTalon, Sep-06-05 08:53 AM, #8
                     RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, Semperboost, Sep-06-05 09:01 AM, #9
                          RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, MCubed45, Sep-07-05 12:36 AM, #10
                               RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-07-05 10:35 AM, #11
                                    RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, Pitchblack98, Sep-07-05 11:21 AM, #12
                                         RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, MCubed45, Sep-12-05 11:51 PM, #13
                                              RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-17-05 07:01 AM, #14
                                                   RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-18-05 04:40 PM, #15
                                                        RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, pfmicks, Sep-19-05 08:31 AM, #16
                                                             RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?, MCubed45, Sep-19-05 02:19 PM, #17

WickedESiSep-05-05 01:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27883, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 0

I got my GSX brembo slotted rotors from NOPI, I can vouch that there's are geneuine brembo.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Sep-05-05 04:41 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#27884, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 1

keep looking, those prices suck!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

EclipseTenzoRSep-05-05 05:56 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#27885, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 2

I would check Ebay.. If you can find a reputable seller on there you can luck out

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

pfmicksSep-05-05 01:11 PM
1349 posts,
#27886, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I would check Ebay.. If you can find a reputable seller on there you can luck out

naw, all their's are Cross drilled AND slotted

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

pfmicksSep-05-05 01:13 PM
1349 posts,
#27887, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by WickedESi
I got my GSX brembo slotted rotors from NOPI, I can vouch that there's are geneuine brembo.

You don't happen to have pics close up of the em installed do you? None in your sig link...and thanks for the input, I appreciate it

WickedESiSep-05-05 06:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#27889, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-05-05 07:15 PM by WickedESi

Originally posted by pfmicks
You don't happen to have pics close up of the em installed do you? None in your sig link...and thanks for the input, I appreciate it

Ahh, when it was N/A:

Here's one after the car was painted:
http://www.auburn.edu/~baldrjo/gallery_old/albums/wickedesipaintjob/7-demask.jp g (large resolution)

And here is a somewhat recent shot of them in the wheels:

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

totaleklipse97Sep-05-05 06:41 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#27890, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 6

I got my brembo's from "the speed factor" for much less.. too bad they screwed me and sent me the wrong ones and then took forever to ship back the right ones. If it wasn't for that i would say, go to them.. their prices are kickass. I would rather deal with ebay then ever recommend those guys again. Just keep looking around, you can find better than 170, trust me!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

BumpinTalonSep-06-05 08:53 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#27891, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 7

if you ask me, if you don't want the brakes for the looks, just stick with the stock solid rotors, upgrade to some better pads, and get high temp brake fluid. Offhand I can't recall exactly what pads I was running at the time, but I ran 15 laps of a 1.8km road course and the brakes were still pretty solid after those 25ish very hard kilometers. A bit spongier then when I started, but the pads were done for so that might have been what caused the softer pedal.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

SemperboostSep-06-05 09:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#27892, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 8

http://www.raceconcepts.net/
Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

MCubed45Sep-07-05 12:36 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#27898, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Semperboost
http://www.raceconcepts.net/

they've got a 2gnt discount too so please support them! that's where i got mine and i've had no complaints. i think it was less than $100 for the front rotor set.

-marc

pfmicksSep-07-05 10:35 AM
1349 posts,
#27908, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by MCubed45
Originally posted by Semperboost http://www.raceconcepts.net/
they've got a 2gnt discount too so please support them! that's where i got mine and i've had no complaints. i think it was less than $100 for the front rotor set.

Sounds like an awesome deal! Do I just give them a call and tell them the rotors I want and say I want the "2gnt.com" discount also?

Pitchblack98Sep-07-05 11:21 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#27911, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 11

Its actually not a 2gnt discount. Its a discount for the Avenger/sebring club. I cant remember the actual url somethink like asog. Someone here knows what it is for sure.

I got front and rear slotted/drilled rotors and pads from them for 181 shipped. Just call them and tell em what you need. They are Brembos also.

MCubed45Sep-12-05 11:51 PM
2706 posts,
#27936, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Its actually not a 2gnt discount. Its a discount for the Avenger/sebring club. I cant remember the actual url somethink like asog. Someone here knows what it is for sure. I got front and rear slotted/drilled rotors and pads from them for 181 shipped. Just call them and tell em what you need. They are Brembos also.

really? when i ordered mine i just told them i was with 2GNT...

-marc

pfmicksSep-17-05 07:01 AM
1349 posts,
#27970, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 13

Hmm...past 2 days they haven't picked up their phone...

How did you contact them? email or phone?

pfmicksSep-18-05 04:40 PM
1349 posts,
#27971, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 14

...they're probably street racing on Fridays and Saturdays

pfmicksSep-19-05 08:31 AM
1349 posts,
#27973, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 15

Finally got a hold of them, with the 2gnt discount it's $115 shipped for slotted only, sounds like a great deal, hopefully I get them in soon.

MCubed45Sep-19-05 02:19 PM
2706 posts,
#27974, "RE: $170 shipped for Brembo slotted rotors?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by pfmicks
Finally got a hold of them, with the 2gnt discount it's $115 shipped for slotted only, sounds like a great deal, hopefully I get them in soon.

yup yup

just double check your parts when you get them. they sent me the wrong pads once and i didn't realize it til i already had the new rotors on and everything... they sent me the right ones after i called them though. oh yea i have an extra set of metal master RS/GS/GST pads if anyone wants to buy 'em

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27878 Previous topic | Next topic