Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27845
View in linear mode

Subject: "96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?" Previous topic | Next topic
MalenkoAug-30-05 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27845, "96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"

guy with a 96 GST Sypder wants my suspension, stock + cash kinda thing.
Will it work?

Eibach Prokit and Tokico Illumina 5 ways.

thoughts?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, dsmmyth, Aug-30-05 08:00 AM, #1
RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, eclipsekaiser, Aug-30-05 09:30 AM, #2
      RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, dsmmyth, Aug-30-05 03:36 PM, #3
           RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, eclipsekaiser, Aug-30-05 09:17 PM, #4
                RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, Malenko, Aug-30-05 11:38 PM, #5
                RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, dsmmyth, Aug-31-05 09:19 AM, #6
                     RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, Malenko, Sep-01-05 09:18 AM, #7
                          RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, eclipsekaiser, Sep-01-05 10:12 AM, #8
                               RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?, Malenko, Sep-02-05 07:21 AM, #9

dsmmythAug-30-05 08:00 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27846, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 0

No, the convertible top adds extra weight.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipsekaiserAug-30-05 09:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#27847, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 1

Spyder suspension will swap over to the RS/GS models. Weight is a issue, but I don't forsee it to be a problem.

HEll, I ordered GSX rear shocks by mistake and still running it in my RS.

Go ahead and do it if that is what you want.

-K-

dsmmythAug-30-05 03:36 PM
1178 posts,
#27852, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
Spyder suspension will swap over to the RS/GS models. Weight is a issue, but I don't forsee it to be a problem. HEll, I ordered GSX rear shocks by mistake and still running it in my RS. Go ahead and do it if that is what you want.

I think he means the suspension for the RS/GS swapping to the Spyder. It will sit way lower than usual.

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

eclipsekaiserAug-30-05 09:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#27853, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 3

Didn't look too abnormally low on our GST spyder using Tanabe springs/Tockico Illum. made for a GST

-K-

MalenkoAug-30-05 11:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#27854, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 4

What I mean is putting a Spyder suspension on my RS before I get rid of it, and putting my current set up (eibach prokit & 5 way tokicos) on a 96 GST.

Would there be any problems on either car?

dsmmythAug-31-05 09:19 AM
1178 posts,
#27856, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 4

Didn't look too abnormally low on our GST spyder using Tanabe springs/Tockico Illum. made for a GST

LOL, I give up.

All I'm saying is I've read story after story, and even one auction, of when a guy bought some GST suspension for his Spyder, and turned around and tried to sell it because it was slammed in the rear of the car.

1998 Eclipse GS

MalenkoSep-01-05 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#27861, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 6
Sep-01-05 09:18 AM by Malenko

well would leaving the 5 ways on the stiffest setting and the front softer help, or should I just get the REAR eibach prokit springs designed for the spyder?

Youre answering exactly what I was asking, so I do appriciate it, but now Im wondering if there is anything to do to them to make them work.

EDIT: tried to rate you and give you points, but i already did :p

eclipsekaiserSep-01-05 10:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#27862, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 7

Keep in mind number 5 is dampening rating and has nothign to do with ride height.

I'd say try it with RS/GS/GST parts first, then if you are still uncomfortable, then try looking for Spyder specific parts.

If you want a little higher ride, you can always subsitute rear shocks from a GSX. I called KYB and found out GSX shocks are 3mm taller than GST shocks.

-K-

MalenkoSep-02-05 07:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#27865, "RE: 96 GST Spyder use same suspension as us?"
In response to Reply # 8

Keep in mind number 5 is dampening rating and has nothign to do with ride height.

I know, but I figured stiffer in the back means less spring travel.

Seems like its not going to be worth doing, which makes me glad I posted this

thanks for the feedback everyone

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27845 Previous topic | Next topic