Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27435
View in linear mode

Subject: "1.0 drop, re-alignment?" Previous topic | Next topic
pr0Jun-29-05 07:10 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27435, "1.0 drop, re-alignment?"
Jun-29-05 07:12 PM by pr0

I have a set of H&R springs coming in this weekend and I know nothing about suspension. The drop is 1.0 in both the front and rear. I am planning to use the stock shocks since its a minimal drop just to fill the wheel gap.

Anyway, do I need to do a re-alignment after? Will I have camber issues? This is actually why I decided to save this all for last... haha

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dsmmythJun-29-05 07:15 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27436, "RE: 1.0 drop, re-alignment?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by pr0
I have a set of H&R springs coming in this weekend and I know nothing about suspension. The drop is 1.0 in both the front and rear. I am planning to use the stock shocks since its a minimal drop just to fill the wheel gap. Anyway, do I need to do a re-alignment after? Will I have camber issues? This is actually why I decided to save this all for last... haha

I've researched this too and I'll tell you what I found. You want realignment. You can probably get away with no camber adjustment on the front but you will need to adjust your camber on the rear. You can either get a camber kit or go to www.vfaq.com and look up the rear camber mod.

I'm looking to get Tein Springs which drop it 1.3 and this is some good information I came across and by talking to "undisputed".

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_99rsJun-30-05 03:30 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#27437, "RE: 1.0 drop, re-alignment?"
In response to Reply # 1

just do a search for the $15 camber mod.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

BlizareJul-02-05 04:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#27465, "RE: 1.0 drop, re-alignment?"
In response to Reply # 2

Those stocker struts will take a beating and die soon Pete.

But go hard and take out your suspension a couple times like me

I would def. lookup the rear camber mod and don't really worry about an alignment till your driving the car and see how bad it is.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

QC DSM ESiTJul-08-05 07:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#27514, "RE: 1.0 drop, re-alignment?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-08-05 07:20 PM by QC DSM ESiT

I just dropped mine 1.5in. and then I did an alignment on it myself using the machines a shop would use and I didn't need to even touch the camber. It was still within spec. just barely but it wasn't out enough to where it will eat the tires. The only things I had to adjust was the toe but that might have just been out before I even lowered it. With a 1in. drop just take it in and get a good allignment. You shouldn't need any camber correcting kits or anything.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27435 Previous topic | Next topic