Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27381
View in linear mode

Subject: "Who the fucks bright idea was it to" Previous topic | Next topic
420a-TnthewerksJun-23-05 09:36 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27381, "Who the fucks bright idea was it to"

use allen wrench holes for the stabilizer link. My 95 had two nuts to use to get them off. My 98 you have to put an allen wrench in the the end of the bolt to keep it still while you loosen the nut. Fucking bullshit, I already stripped the one attached to the damper fork so I tried the bottom one(that connects to the stabilizer bar), that one was going fine but the nut is now frozen in place some how and I can't get any leverage with a fuckin allen wrench.

I don't know if you know what the hell I'm talking about, but I just had to rant.

I'm going to have to cut the link in half to get it off I bet. Good thing I have a parts car with fairly new ones.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-24-05 02:27 AM, #1
RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-25-05 04:42 PM, #2
      RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-26-05 03:25 PM, #3
           RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-26-05 05:47 PM, #4
           RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Ryan_Hes, Jun-28-05 11:36 AM, #5
                RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, eclipse_99rs, Jun-28-05 01:00 PM, #6
                     RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-28-05 02:02 PM, #7
                          RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-28-05 09:19 PM, #8
                               RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-29-05 01:55 AM, #9
                                    RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Keith2172, Jun-29-05 05:17 AM, #10
                                         RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-29-05 08:50 AM, #11
                                              RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, EclipseTenzoR, Jun-29-05 10:33 AM, #12
                                              RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jun-29-05 03:33 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, espilcEGS, Jul-14-05 01:48 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, QC DSM ESiT, Jul-19-05 06:45 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, numberoneeclipse, Jul-17-09 04:17 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-17-09 04:52 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-17-09 07:34 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, eclipsed08, Jul-17-09 05:19 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, foggy45, Jul-19-09 10:35 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to, ez, Jul-19-09 01:15 PM, #21

Ducking_FumbassJun-24-05 02:27 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27383, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't like either method of keeping the shaft from rotating. I have had the nut on the back crumble out before. I think that's why they "revised" it. See if you can get the allen wrench socket, because that would at least let you get a breaker bar on it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJun-25-05 04:42 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#27396, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 1

China

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Moderatorcs82685Jun-26-05 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#27397, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
China

Not china, Japan

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

420a-TnthewerksJun-26-05 05:47 PM
2267 posts,
#27398, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-26-05 06:07 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

The reason I was tearing the suspension apart were for Tein coilovers, cross-drilled slotted rotors, painted calipers and I also painted the rotors. Look for pics tomorrow ...

edit- and let me tell you, my hands and arms are not pretty <-- many times.

Ryan_HesJun-28-05 11:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#27411, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 3

Not china, Japan

Not Japan, not China, Normal Illinois.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

eclipse_99rsJun-28-05 01:00 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#27412, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 5

Yah the origional design is much better than the allen wrench design, they are total retards for switching it.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Ducking_FumbassJun-28-05 02:02 PM
1147 posts,
#27415, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 6

I think that with a 3/8" drive attachment, the allen key is better. It allows for a 3/8" to 1/2" drive adaptor, and the use of a breaker bar (and maybe a BFCheater bar, too).

If it strips, then you are no worse off, as I have demolished every sway bar end link that I have tried to remove gracefully, and I have only tried the old design.

420a-TnthewerksJun-28-05 09:19 PM
2267 posts,
#27419, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
I think that with a 3/8" drive attachment, the allen key is better. It allows for a 3/8" to 1/2" drive adaptor, and the use of a breaker bar (and maybe a BFCheater bar, too). If it strips, then you are no worse off, as I have demolished every sway bar end link that I have tried to remove gracefully, and I have only tried the old design.

Yeah, that would of made it alot better but I didn't even think of one of those. I did get the passenger on off smoothly though, but I took like 5 minutes doing it to make sure not to fuck it up.

All I used for all of it were 14mm and 17mm wrenches and a BFRH.

Ducking_FumbassJun-29-05 01:55 AM
1147 posts,
#27422, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 8

I've always needed to use a sawzall and a BFH (with which to vent my frustration on the piece of shit after I remove it).

I don't think that there is a good way to do sway bar end links...

Keith2172Jun-29-05 05:17 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#27423, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 9

penetrating oil

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Ducking_FumbassJun-29-05 08:50 AM
1147 posts,
#27430, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 10

PB Blaster was a no-go, even with a torch. Since the torch and PB Blaster couldn't solve my problem, I figured that a sawzall would. I was right.

Smashing the fucking thing to pieces afterwards made it all worthwhile, though.

EclipseTenzoRJun-29-05 10:33 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#27431, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 11

PB Blaster worked great for me, and so did the breaking it loose with an open ratchet. I did'nt see much of a problem with it, just a little tedious at first. Good luck though, it took about 5 minutes for each side after I sprayed it down with some PB Blaster.. Only thing is I had the wrong springs when I pulled the shock out. Damn Abtivan concepts mailed me springs for an Accord.. Fucking Retards.. So back together it goes... Good Luck

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

420a-TnthewerksJun-29-05 03:33 PM
2267 posts,
#27434, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
PB Blaster was a no-go, even with a torch. Since the torch and PB Blaster couldn't solve my problem, I figured that a sawzall would. I was right. Smashing the fucking thing to pieces afterwards made it all worthwhile, though.

Exactly what I ended up doing. I cut that shit up into many pieces.

espilcEGSJul-14-05 01:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#27565, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 13

Same here..... They had to be cut off to change the sway bars out.

05 STi

QC DSM ESiTJul-19-05 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#27621, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 14

I have the ones with the nut to keep em from moving and that didn't even work. I had to heat the things up and the use an impact on em. Those stabilizer links are a PITA no matter what.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

numberoneeclipseJul-17-09 04:17 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2009
1 posts,
#32431, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 15

whoever thought of this design needs to be killed. had to cut that shit off with a sawzaw... ill sell the car before i do that shit again

eclipse982nrRSTJul-17-09 04:52 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#32432, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by numberoneeclipse
whoever thought of this design needs to be killed. had to cut that shit off with a sawzaw... ill sell the car before i do that shit again

this thread is 4 years old dude. try looking at the thread dates next time.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorCODE4Jul-17-09 07:34 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32433, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by numberoneeclipse

---

2012 2500HD LML

eclipsed08Jul-17-09 05:19 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2008
103 posts,
#32434, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 18

I had to cut mine off everytime except once....

~Russ

Well I have no Check Engine Lights....But I just don't have a engine...LOL

foggy45Jul-19-09 10:35 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#32435, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 19

./sigh and people still think im crazy for wanting to lock threads older then 2 years where you would need an admin to open it up for a relevant post

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

ezJul-19-09 01:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#32436, "RE: Who the fucks bright idea was it to"
In response to Reply # 20

I think this is a good bump because it reminds me just how much I hate the engineering on that one part. And mine has never even gotten stuck.

Thanks for bringing some negativity into my day

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27381 Previous topic | Next topic