Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27320
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?" Previous topic | Next topic
totaleclipse_05Jun-18-05 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27320, "Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"

i was looking into some shocks for my car that would work good with the sportline springs. anybody have this combo or one that is better in their opinion? im not looking to spend a fortune on shocks, i just want something that wont be too rough and will not blow in like a month.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, EvMan2345, Jun-18-05 09:19 PM, #1
RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, totaleclipse_05, Jun-19-05 11:20 PM, #2
RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, MCubed45, Jun-20-05 10:25 AM, #3
      RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, totaleclipse_05, Jun-20-05 03:47 PM, #4
           RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, Teamner947, Jun-24-05 01:11 PM, #9
RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, WickedESi, Jun-20-05 05:39 PM, #5
      RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, eclipse_gs_1512, Jun-22-05 01:21 AM, #6
           RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, injendsm, Jun-23-05 03:51 AM, #7
                RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?, jdpilot, Jun-24-05 12:54 PM, #8

EvMan2345Jun-18-05 09:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27322, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 0

I had that combo, just recently sold it. Loved them. Sold it because im selling the car and people didnt like the idea of it being lowered. I had one setting and i left it- if i remember correctly i did the middle setting on the shocks. I loved the ride- not too harsh, not too soft.

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Jun-19-05 11:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#27327, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 1

anyone know of the best place to order some illuminas?

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

MCubed45Jun-20-05 10:25 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#27332, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 2

www.adventon.com is pretty cheap

-marc

totaleclipse_05Jun-20-05 03:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#27339, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 3

would tokico blues (hps) be anygood with sportlines or would they fail early? just kind of wondering about other options as well

Mike D

Teamner947Jun-24-05 01:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#27392, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
would tokico blues (hps) be anygood with sportlines or would they fail early? just kind of wondering about other options as well

I've got the Blues and the Sportlines. I've had them for almost 4 years. The Sportlines are definately way too low, if I had to do it again I would either get a complete set of Teins or go for the H&R springs and Koni adjustable shocks.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

WickedESiJun-20-05 05:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#27342, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-20-05 05:40 PM by WickedESi

I've got illuminas w/ sportlines. I love them!!! It seems to be the perfect height too (I have 17's). Just make sure you get camber kits for the front and rear.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

eclipse_gs_1512Jun-22-05 01:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#27354, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 5

if you have the money, i highly suggest konis

2007 wrx

injendsmJun-23-05 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#27360, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 6

get the illuminas, they are awesome shocks. i have em with the illumina springs and the ride is awesome.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

jdpilotJun-24-05 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#27391, "RE: Tokico Illuminas and Eibach Sportlines?"
In response to Reply # 7

I agree with 1512. Get konis. I have them with sportlines and they are smooth as hell!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27320 Previous topic | Next topic