Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27027
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lower Tie Bar" Previous topic | Next topic
GhostintheNightMay-01-05 02:59 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2005
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27027, "Lower Tie Bar"

Hey, i just got a lower tie bar, and yes, i've done the searching through the old threads and what not, but i was wondering if anyone could provide any pics for me. From the pic i saw on another thread it looks like the tie bar bolts onto the cross member? and something tells me that isn't right... so any close up pix of the tiebar would be great

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Lower Tie Bar, totaleklipse97, May-01-05 05:15 PM, #1
RE: Lower Tie Bar, satal95, May-01-05 07:07 PM, #2
      RE: Lower Tie Bar, GhostintheNight, May-02-05 10:20 AM, #3
           RE: Lower Tie Bar, satal95, May-02-05 11:54 AM, #4
                RE: Lower Tie Bar, GhostintheNight, May-02-05 11:57 AM, #5
                     RE: Lower Tie Bar, satal95, May-02-05 02:12 PM, #6

totaleklipse97May-01-05 05:15 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27028, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

both pics are from Road Race Engineering (i assume ur talking about the front lower tie bar)

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

satal95May-01-05 07:07 PM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
#27029, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 1

He may be talking about the rear lower tie bar.

GhostintheNightMay-02-05 10:20 AM
170 posts,
#27031, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, he is.. sorry, i should've specified

satal95May-02-05 11:54 AM
351 posts,
#27032, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 3

So it is the rear lower than if so, yeah it does bolt on to the crossmember bar. i have one also but i haven't it installed it yet also but thats where they told me it goes.

GhostintheNightMay-02-05 11:57 AM
170 posts,
#27033, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 4

Really? it does bolt to the crossmember huh?... doesn't that seem a bit overkill? i mean, bracing a crossmember? does it really do much of anything?

satal95May-02-05 02:12 PM
351 posts,
#27034, "RE: Lower Tie Bar"
In response to Reply # 5

Here's a couple of pics,not my car but i thought they might help for u to see. Doesn't really do anything from what i read mostly for looks on our cars.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27027 Previous topic | Next topic