Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2686
View in linear mode

Subject: "Look out! Curb!" Previous topic | Next topic
2GXTASYJun-05-01 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2686, "Look out! Curb!"

Last thing I heard before I hit it. Fucking scrapped my brand new Monsoons. My car is a daily driver so it expected it to happen. My question...can it be repaired? It all jagged and scraped it two spots.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Look out! Curb!, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-06-01 02:39 AM, #1
RE: Look out! Curb!, alexries, Jun-06-01 08:43 AM, #2
      RE: Look out! Curb!, HadesOmega, Jun-06-01 08:52 AM, #3
           RE: Look out! Curb!, 2GXTASY, Jun-06-01 11:37 AM, #4
                RE: Look out! Curb!, RyaN95i4, Jun-06-01 04:07 PM, #5
                     RE: Look out! Curb!, 2GXTASY, Jun-06-01 08:04 PM, #6

TeamMichael_97RSJun-06-01 02:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2687, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, people here have had their rims repaired. Should be too bad especially since it sounds lik eyou didn;t bend the hell out of it and it still hold tire pressure.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17.

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. Silver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar, SS Clutch Line.

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

alexriesJun-06-01 08:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#2688, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 1

Got pics?

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
B&M Short Shifter
Trust Shift Knob
Trust EVO Exhaust
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
'tis it

HadesOmegaJun-06-01 08:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#2689, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 2

AHHH another victim of the evil curb. Really you can get them repaired, I curbsided not too long ago and the wheel tore straight off of the car, oh yeah I heard a scrape but the car had on 3 legs! I'll say this the 97+ GST 5 spoke rims are tough!!! There is just this massive curb mark on it but it's not bent. I'm gonna leave it there as a battle scar though, remind me how expensive drifting is haha!!! I believe Enkei makes the 5 spoke rims for the Eclipse. Monsoons look like em but those weigh a lot compared to these I think.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

2GXTASYJun-06-01 11:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#2690, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 3

I got pics but no scanner. Its not really bad just one of those things you know is there and it bothers you. I figure it can be sanded down and smoothed out but I'm really not sure. Its not bent, thank God, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I did find a place in town that said they wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I'll let you u guys know how it comes out. Hopefully I can see how they fix it so I can pass the "know how" on to those who would like to know.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

RyaN95i4Jun-06-01 04:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#2691, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 4

you lucky sob!

i had a similar incident as Mr. Drifter but it costed me a busted hub, a kinked cross member, and my right rear TSW VX1 was destroyed, 6 of the 10 spokes are cracked!

curbs and 95 mph cornering speeds dont mix

http://www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

2GXTASYJun-06-01 08:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#2692, "RE: Look out! Curb!"
In response to Reply # 5

Ouchie, man that sucks. I guess I got lucky....actually compared to your accident nothing really happend to me

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2686 Previous topic | Next topic