Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26115
View in linear mode

Subject: "picked up some new wheels for the ride..." Previous topic | Next topic
siueclipseJan-13-05 01:43 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26115, "picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
Jan-13-05 01:43 PM by siueclipse

They will be here by next thursday or friday. Ill shoot some pics when I get them installed.. I picked them up from wheelmax.com with tires for $1760 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

HP Racing 19x8.5 - Hyper Black w/ Chrome lip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., eclipse_99rs, Jan-13-05 04:45 PM, #1
RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-13-05 04:50 PM, #2
      RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., BumpinTalon, Jan-13-05 06:26 PM, #3
           RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., jerseystyle1, Jan-14-05 01:56 AM, #4
                RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-14-05 04:30 AM, #5
                     RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., Ryan_Hes, Jan-17-05 04:21 PM, #6
                          RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., RSClipse9d7, Jan-18-05 04:25 AM, #7
                               RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-18-05 04:48 AM, #8
                                    RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., optimuspeterson, Jan-18-05 01:38 PM, #9
                                         RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., Ryan_Hes, Jan-18-05 03:28 PM, #10
                                              RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., eclipse_99rs, Jan-18-05 03:50 PM, #11
                                                   RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., Ryan_Hes, Jan-18-05 08:30 PM, #12
                                                        RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-19-05 06:15 AM, #13
                                                             RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-19-05 02:31 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., widebodyeclipse, Jan-19-05 02:45 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 03:01 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-19-05 03:12 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 03:25 PM, #18
RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-19-05 03:56 PM, #19
RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., 420a-Tnthewerks, Jan-19-05 04:42 PM, #20
      RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-20-05 04:27 AM, #21
           RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., eclipse_99rs, Jan-20-05 04:52 AM, #22
                RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-20-05 06:08 PM, #23
                     RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., Blizare, Jan-21-05 06:04 AM, #24
                          RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-21-05 07:20 AM, #25
                               RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., 95greenhrcgs, Jan-21-05 08:40 AM, #26
                                    RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-21-05 10:27 AM, #27
                                         RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., ToTaLEkLyPz99, Jan-22-05 05:38 PM, #28
                                              RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-22-05 05:56 PM, #29
                                                   RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., 95greenhrcgs, Jan-22-05 06:26 PM, #30
                                                        RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-22-05 06:27 PM, #31
                                                             RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..., siueclipse, Jan-24-05 04:55 PM, #32

eclipse_99rsJan-13-05 04:45 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26116, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice! I just got these in the mail today too.

17/7
What tires did they come with?

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

siueclipseJan-13-05 04:50 PM
3504 posts,
#26117, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 1

some type of bf goodwrench tires. some spinoff company from them.. i dont remember. doesn't matter cause these are just for around town.

BumpinTalonJan-13-05 06:26 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#26118, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 2

good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

jerseystyle1Jan-14-05 01:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#26124, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
good choice. the Evo bumper and those rims will make a very very nice combo. and 19" too, blingin

I agree 100%. They are going to look awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

siueclipseJan-14-05 04:30 AM
3504 posts,
#26127, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 4

yeah i can't wait. this will be the first time i have ever purchased brand new wheels that are this big.

Ryan_HesJan-17-05 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#26141, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-17-05 04:22 PM by Ryan_Hes

You will be in love. There is nothing like pulling the wrapping and lifting your new 19" rim out of the box...it seems REALLY massive. It just rocks. Club 19 yeah!

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

RSClipse9d7Jan-18-05 04:25 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#26144, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 6

Nice. Anyone know how that effects gas milage? I was thinking about 19's before because they look so damn good but I was afraid of all the extra weight.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

siueclipseJan-18-05 04:48 AM
3504 posts,
#26145, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 7

ehhh.... i have no worries about gas milage. i already get shitty milage cause i have a heavy foot.

BTW.. the wheels will be here Wednesday!

optimuspetersonJan-18-05 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#26146, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 8

sweet, can't wait to see it. I'm thinking really hard about 19"s but not too sure.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Ryan_HesJan-18-05 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#26147, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 9
Jan-18-05 03:29 PM by Ryan_Hes

The extra weight is hardly noticeable if you go from a 18" rim to a 19" rim. Of course it varies from rim to rim...but in general I havn't been able to tell a big difference. And even if it is sacrificing 5hp or so...it's worth it for the cosmetic value.

I have been on 14" RS rims, 16" Talon rims, 16" OZ anniversary rims, 18" Motegi MR7's, 18" Excel Radius', 19" ADR Fuels, 16" 1st gen Talon rims, and now 19" Ikon P35's.... the only time I notice a difference in weight is when I switch the 19" rims to a 16" factory rim...but it's slight.

I'm a rim whore.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

eclipse_99rsJan-18-05 03:50 PM
2659 posts,
#26148, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 10

What about ride height?

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Ryan_HesJan-18-05 08:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#26155, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 11
Jan-18-05 08:32 PM by Ryan_Hes

Well, it's an illusion. The 19" wheels will seem to fill the wheel well more - and they do for sure. At the same time, the car will appear noticeably higher when looking at the front bumper. The wheel gap isn't larger, in fact it's now smaller on mine. I can fit only one finger in front between my tire and my fender - but the car sits up higher because the overall diameter of the rim and tire is greater than before.

The difference in ride height between a 16" rim with 205/55 tires compared to a 19" rim with 235/35 tires is huge. The 19" rims lift the car considerably - almost an inch and a half...although my car was so damn low with 16's, now it is just right with 19's. With 16's my car is a pebble busta.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

siueclipseJan-19-05 06:15 AM
3504 posts,
#26158, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 12

new wheels came today.. GOD DAMN THEY ARE BIG!

Ill take some pics tonight when i get home

siueclipseJan-19-05 02:31 PM
3504 posts,
#26165, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 13
Jan-19-05 02:33 PM by siueclipse

well, here they are. i definetly think they need to be powder coated black on the insides. if this is hyper black then i need like hyper midnight black. they certainly aren't dark enough on the inside. the chrome lip is like 3" wide and really makes everything seem too light.

oh keep in mind that the car hasn't left the garage and its been up in the air for awhile and the suspension hasn't sat down completely.

what do you think?

widebodyeclipseJan-19-05 02:45 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#26166, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 14

sui looks bad ass. congratz

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 03:01 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#26167, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by siueclipse
well, here they are. i definetly think they need to be powder coated black on the insides. if this is hyper black then i need like hyper midnight black. they certainly aren't dark enough on the inside. the chrome lip is like 3" wide and really makes everything seem too light. oh keep in mind that the car hasn't left the garage and its been up in the air for awhile and the suspension hasn't sat down completely. what do you think?

LOOKS NICE
FYI THOUGH, GET RID OF THE RED MESH ALL AROUND MAN, LOOKS RICEY IMO!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

siueclipseJan-19-05 03:12 PM
3504 posts,
#26168, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 16

the red mesh doesn't look ricey off camera

dont you guys think they need to be powder coated black?

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 03:25 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#26169, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 17

nah man, keep em the way they are, they look HOTTTT

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

siueclipseJan-19-05 03:56 PM
3504 posts,
#26170, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 0

I guess i will have to see them in the day time.

420a-TnthewerksJan-19-05 04:42 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#26172, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 19

hubba fuckin hubba those look NICE! much better than the GSX rims imo.

siueclipseJan-20-05 04:27 AM
3504 posts,
#26177, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 20

they have grown on my quite a bit over night. in the sun light (or at least the amount that gets in the garage) they actually look darker.

weird.

eclipse_99rsJan-20-05 04:52 AM
2659 posts,
#26182, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 21

They look badass.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

siueclipseJan-20-05 06:08 PM
3504 posts,
#26196, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 22

now of course.. (tonight i moved the car to the middle of the garage) the suspension sat down a little and DAMN are they huggin the fender. i had to put it back up in the air again, but this weekend ill take some outside pictures.

BlizareJan-21-05 06:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#26202, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 23

FUCKIN HAWTNESS JAMES.

NOw those tiny brakes are the problem huh?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

siueclipseJan-21-05 07:20 AM
3504 posts,
#26203, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by Blizare
FUCKIN HAWTNESS JAMES. NOw those tiny brakes are the problem huh?

yeah small brakes

95greenhrcgsJan-21-05 08:40 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#26205, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 25

James, what kinda offest are on those wheels? Do you have your rear fenders trimmed? What size tires?

19's look so beast on Eclipse's. Good job!!!

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

siueclipseJan-21-05 10:27 AM
3504 posts,
#26206, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
James, what kinda offest are on those wheels? Do you have your rear fenders trimmed? What size tires? 19's look so beast on Eclipse's. Good job!!!

i dont know the offset to be honest. i dont have the rear fender trimmed. the tires are 235x35x19

ToTaLEkLyPz99Jan-22-05 05:38 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#26221, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 27

looks good make sure you take the stickers off the tires that annoys me when im behind someone and u see them and plus you will hear it..lol i had the stock 10th anniversary rims on my car and i have 19 inch racing hart c-2's and when i put them up to my old rims and tires they were about the same hight overall as the 16s with tires so the overall diamater was the same so it should be all good!!i dunno know about the fenders though thats a wide rim i have 225/35/19 with a 7.5 inch wide rim and i cut the lip outta the back just to be safe i would recommend the same..i have never rubbed once and my car is low i can get one finger between the fender and tire..

siueclipseJan-22-05 05:56 PM
3504 posts,
#26222, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 28

i can get one finger in between the rim and fender as well. i dont need to roll them at all.

95greenhrcgsJan-22-05 06:26 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#26223, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 29

you may find that you need to when you compress the springs when out driving.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

siueclipseJan-22-05 06:27 PM
3504 posts,
#26224, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 30

Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
you may find that you need to when you compress the springs when out driving.

well.. right now.. i can fit 2 fingers. when i backed the car out of the garage and put it back in, the distance went down to 1 finger. lol

so.. we'll see

siueclipseJan-24-05 04:55 PM
3504 posts,
#26232, "RE: picked up some new wheels for the ride..."
In response to Reply # 31

well.. the back of the car has a nasty rub. i had to roll the fenders tonight and luckily they dont hit anymore. when i would go into high boost or hit a bump in the road the tires would get ripped apart by the car. but its all fixed now. im going to take some pictures tomorrow after i wash the bitch.

James

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26115 Previous topic | Next topic