Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26073
View in linear mode

Subject: "bad front and rear knuckles.....damn." Previous topic | Next topic
wite96gsJan-07-05 02:34 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26073, "bad front and rear knuckles.....damn."
Jan-07-05 02:35 PM by wite96gs

I took my car in for another friggin alignment, front passenger wheel has -1.6* camber(way out), and the driver side rear is at -2.2*(again, way out). I've changed out many parts after getting rid of those shitty lowering springs I had, and still no improvements.
I believe I've narrowed it down to two remaining possibilities:
1. bent knuckles
2. I screwed the chassis up somehow.
After doing some searching and using the CAPS and PNC searches, I come to discover there are two different rear knuckles, 95-96.5 and 96.5-99. Does anyone know the difference between these knuckles? I was thinking of just getting some from the junkyard tomorow off of an Avenger, because they're abundant campared to 2G's. Are any other suspension parts different like that? It has always been my assumption, until now, that the suspensions had not changed any from 95-99. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
BTW, I don't have ABS

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MCubed45Jan-08-05 06:50 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26074, "RE: bad front and rear knuckles.....damn."
In response to Reply # 0

i know the rear drum discs on early 95's are completely different from the other years. they use different size pads, cylinders, etc. found that out the hard way in the middle of redoing my brakes.

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wite96gsJan-09-05 06:44 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#26076, "RE: bad front and rear knuckles.....damn."
In response to Reply # 1

thankfully, I don't have to worry about drum brakes. does anybody know what is different in the 97-99 knuckles?

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26073 Previous topic | Next topic