Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25847
View in linear mode

Subject: "where to find these ...?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTDec-09-04 03:46 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25847, "where to find these ...?"

where can i find an adapter that goes from our mitsu 5 bolt pattern to a 4 lug honda pattern and that is about 1" thick? i need to push out my wheels about an inch more with the widebody and i found a super deal on 19" axis seven mod rims but they are 4 lug, not 5. i know they make the adapters/spacers in 5 to 5 or 4 to 4 but has anyone ever seen or know where i can find 5 lug to 4 lug adapters?

Thanks!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: where to find these ...?, tim97rs, Dec-09-04 04:47 PM, #1
RE: where to find these ...?, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-11-04 06:08 AM, #13
RE: where to find these ...?, bullox, Dec-10-04 04:10 AM, #2
RE: where to find these ...?, BuckNutty, Dec-10-04 10:02 AM, #3
RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-10-04 10:23 AM, #4
RE: where to find these ...?, tim97rs, Dec-10-04 10:35 AM, #5
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-10-04 12:41 PM, #6
      RE: where to find these ...?, Chamuko, Dec-10-04 07:52 PM, #7
           RE: where to find these ...?, Vandy420a, Dec-10-04 10:16 PM, #8
                RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-11-04 04:22 AM, #9
                     RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-04 05:37 AM, #10
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-04 05:57 AM, #12
RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-11-04 05:49 AM, #11
RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-11-04 06:51 AM, #14
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-04 02:22 PM, #15
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-04 02:26 PM, #16
      RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-04 05:29 PM, #17
           RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-11-04 06:22 PM, #18
                RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-12-04 04:24 AM, #19
RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-12-04 05:21 AM, #20
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-12-04 05:24 AM, #21
RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-12-04 07:12 AM, #22
RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-12-04 07:30 AM, #23
      RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-12-04 07:53 AM, #24
           RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-12-04 10:35 AM, #25
                RE: where to find these ...?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-12-04 02:29 PM, #26
                     RE: where to find these ...?, widebodyeclipse, Dec-12-04 04:19 PM, #27

tim97rsDec-09-04 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25848, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Dec-11-04 06:08 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#25865, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by tim97rs

I am feelin you exactly Tim.

EDIT: If the rep told you it was safe to drive on I am sure it is. They are not going to sell a product that threatens safety. Again, most people will tell you to just buy the rims with the proper offset and lug instead of micky-mousing the shit.

The person who mentioned the hub wear is also correct. But moving the rim outward, you are increasing the force on your hubs. They will fail considerably sooner. Force = Torque x Distance. This applies to all vehicles. Big 4x4s with the monster offset rims and 12.5" wide tires go thru wheel bearings like water.

---

2012 2500HD LML

bulloxDec-10-04 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#25851, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
i found a super deal on 19" axis seven mod rims but they are 4 lug, not 5.

Not really a super deal then I guess.

BuckNuttyDec-10-04 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25853, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-10-04 10:03 AM by BuckNutty

you should be able to get them at any local auto store...ie, autozone, advanced auto, pep boys, napa, etc...

you could prolly get them from a place that sells rims too.

widebodyeclipseDec-10-04 10:23 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#25854, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

i would look up chasis tech online (aim industries) i know that they have many different bolt patterns. good luck with that.

i think that since the 5 lug will lap over the 4 im not sue it can be done. i think they might get alittle pricy for some customs.

tim97rsDec-10-04 10:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#25855, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 4

unless you replace the stock hub with a honda hub. should just be a direct bolt on with a little shaving, grinding and pounding.

Come on dude, you are making it hard for me to stay civil with you...

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

eclipse982nrRSTDec-10-04 12:41 PM
6314 posts,
#25856, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 5

how?
they sell like 5 lug to 6-8 lug wheel adapters on ebay for 100 bucks but they dont make 5 to 4. i emailed the company who produced them and they said they do not make 5 to 4 so i didnt know if anyone knew of anyone who does? i dont think autozone, pep boys or whatever would sell anything like this, but im gonna swing by a couple tomorrow and see if i can gather up anything ...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ChamukoDec-10-04 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#25858, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 6

WHY THE...
NVM

wouldnt theese offset the "Deal" on the rims?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Vandy420aDec-10-04 10:16 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#25859, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 7

Are all the widebodies running spacers? I thought our hubs desintigrated over time with spacers, until then went kaputttttttttttt

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

widebodyeclipseDec-11-04 04:22 AM
535 posts,
#25860, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 8

i bought some becasue at the time there wasnt a 20 that had the same hub size as ours. i bought some hub centric wheel centric adapters. they were alittle expensive but it keeps the wheel centered so it doesnt have any bad vibrations plus they are safer. havent had any problems as of yet. i drove all the way down to tuner bash in fl from kansas back in 02. again i would checkout chasis tech. that will be your best bet.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-04 05:37 AM
6314 posts,
#25861, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 9

sweet thanks, ill do a google search to find the site!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-04 05:57 AM
6314 posts,
#25864, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 4

here is what i found ...
http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=75534

i talked to a guy from this place over the phone and he said that with the hubcentric vehicles, that since these adapters/spacers are machined perfectly to fit the car, the first spacer will will fit right onto the hub, and then the next one which would be the 4 lugger will overlap that. he said it would be perfectly safe to daily drive on since they are machined to the specific vehicle. they are $79 a piece.

let me know what you think of using these, these will also help, cuz they will push out my wheels 2" which is what i need pretty much!

you think the guy was right and that these are safe enough to daily drive on?

widebodyeclipse, you said you have these too? the sames one but in 5 to 5 instead of 5 to 4 to push yuor rims out too?

THANKS!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-11-04 05:49 AM
535 posts,
#25862, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

www.aimind.com good luck. my personal opinion would be to get the wheels that fit out car. id rather have 5 lugs than 4. what kind of wheels are u looking for? im not sure if we can get the inside track on axis, but there are some dist that we do use.
i would definately get some sort of spacers to push em out. as i said earlier i bought some spacers not adapters to push em out, i would also advise getting longer studs, that is what i did, so u can make sure to have enough threads. i think they were from hmmmmmm, shit i cant remember, i know they are here somewhere. again that is my 2 cents worth...

widebodyeclipseDec-11-04 06:51 AM
535 posts,
#25866, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 11

i just have the spacers, because the wheels that i have the hub is smaller than the eclipse. they are just the spacers, what u are looking in to getting is adapthers, same concept just i set of lugs, i use them to push the wheel away to fill up the gap in hte wide fender. i think mine are like 1 1/2 or 1 3/4. i have air on the car so i didnt go out too far still wanted to tuck the 20s without popping off the quarter again i have heard good and bads from adapters, you have to keep checking the tightness of all the lugs very frequently, wouldnt want the wheel passing you on hte highway. again at 79 bucks a piece plus shipping i think you should go with the regular wheel for the cars and get the spacers. it would be safer and about the same price. again my 2 cents.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-04 02:22 PM
6314 posts,
#25869, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 14

any pics of your ride?
and yes, im looking into 19" axis seven mod rims....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-04 02:26 PM
6314 posts,
#25870, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 11

ya these are the ones i found ....

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=75534

are they safe though? the guy told me that since our cars are hubcentric, that since when they make these custom, that they are cut and machined to exact fitment on the hub. he said it would bolt onto the 5 lug hub, and then the 4 bolt would overlap that and bolt into those. then the rims would bolt onto the new 4 lug hubs. he said i would be perfectly safe daily driving on them, but he could have just been saying that so he could $300 from me.

what you think, yes or no on them? safe or no?

if i got those, i wouldnt need longer studs.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-04 05:29 PM
6314 posts,
#25874, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 16

just thought that i would throw in that i called two local rim shops ...
one said those are hella safe w/ no probs and no worries about breaking studs or wheels falling off.
other says, dont buy them period because they have heard more poor than good, but they sell them still

i dont wanna pass up this deal on these 19's, but if switching to a 4 lug with these adapters isnt going to be safe, im not gonna push it.
whats my odds here? good or no?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-11-04 06:22 PM
535 posts,
#25875, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 17

i need to get some of the old pics scanned in. that is gonna be a call that u will have to make. with running boost and all i think i would get the extended studs and get a deal on some 5 x 4.5. thats just me though. i have ran the adapters long ago on some 18s, but i didnt use them for long, and yes u can break the studs, so dont believe all the hipe from a salesman... he is out to get the cash.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-12-04 04:24 AM
6314 posts,
#25879, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 18

let me see some pics PLEASE of your setup with your spacers, and if you have any from when you used the adapters! please get them for me asap if you would, this deal is starting to end soon! lol

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-12-04 05:21 AM
535 posts,
#25880, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont have any good pics on the computer, need a scanner. i have 1 shitty pic when it was in the shop but it isnt a real close up of the set up. i will try to email it to u. i need your addy. i need to scan these old pics to put up on the site.
i think i might have some of the adapters here, but it is a 5 on 5 lug pattern/

eclipse982nrRSTDec-12-04 05:24 AM
6314 posts,
#25881, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 20

eclipse982nr@aol.com
thanks bro!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-12-04 07:12 AM
535 posts,
#25883, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 0

u got mail. crappy pics though

eclipse982nrRSTDec-12-04 07:30 AM
6314 posts,
#25884, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 22

i do not have mail!
lol ... did you send to eclipse982nr@aol.com?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-12-04 07:53 AM
535 posts,
#25885, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 23

yeah i will try again now

widebodyeclipseDec-12-04 10:35 AM
535 posts,
#25888, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 24

get em ?

eclipse982nrRSTDec-12-04 02:29 PM
6314 posts,
#25889, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 25

NOOOOOOOOO lol

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseDec-12-04 04:19 PM
535 posts,
#25895, "RE: where to find these ...?"
In response to Reply # 26

well heres my sig finally. go to the homepage. talk to u soon

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25847 Previous topic | Next topic