Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25600
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..." Previous topic | Next topic
coppereclipse95Nov-03-04 11:52 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25600, "Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."

^^^ I'm looking for how the all-disk brake setup looks like. I was curious because most of the rear brakes I've seen pointed forward to the front. BUT recently I saw a car with the rear brakes(caliper stuff) pointed to back side(this is not the car I saw, but this is what the second setup looks like). => http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/concepte2.jp g

ALSO: for those who have done the rear drum to disk, gsx upgrade, simply replacing rotors... HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET THE ROTORS OFF? The emergency brake stuff on mine were on so tight, some of the components got damaged while I was removing the rotors. Is that normal?

1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., WIDECLIPSE, Nov-03-04 11:57 AM, #1
RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., coppereclipse95, Nov-03-04 12:43 PM, #2
      RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., coppereclipse95, Nov-10-04 04:43 AM, #3
           RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., RxR_Eclipse, Nov-10-04 11:51 AM, #4
                RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., optimuspeterson, Nov-10-04 05:49 PM, #5
                RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., coppereclipse95, Nov-11-04 10:45 AM, #7
                     RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., optimuspeterson, Nov-29-04 05:46 PM, #12
                RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., WickedESi, Nov-10-04 06:04 PM, #6
                     RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., FlyinEsi, Nov-11-04 01:20 PM, #8
                          RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., coppereclipse95, Nov-12-04 05:42 AM, #9
                               RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., Vandy420a, Nov-29-04 06:06 AM, #10
                                    RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., coppereclipse95, Nov-29-04 06:24 AM, #11
                                         RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., CarbonFiberRST, Nov-30-04 05:59 AM, #13
                                         RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., MCubed45, Nov-30-04 06:04 AM, #14
                                              RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., Vandy420a, Nov-30-04 06:07 AM, #15
                                              RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., GorkoRacing, Nov-30-04 08:35 AM, #16
                                              RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., WickedESi, Dec-01-04 09:18 PM, #17
                                                   RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., HadesOmega, Dec-01-04 11:03 PM, #18
                                                        RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., GorkoRacing, Dec-02-04 03:51 AM, #19
                                                             RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..., MCubed45, Dec-05-04 08:44 PM, #20

WIDECLIPSENov-03-04 11:57 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25601, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 0

Did you have the e-brake on?

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

coppereclipse95Nov-03-04 12:43 PM
1068 posts,
#25602, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
Did you have the e-brake on?

NOPE, the rotor I was taking off of was the hub asy with rotors and all that good stuff that I bought used.

1995 Eclipse RS

coppereclipse95Nov-10-04 04:43 AM
1068 posts,
#25651, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 2

BUMP I know you guys have some side pics of your car. I just want to see some pics out the front and rear brakes look.

1995 Eclipse RS

RxR_EclipseNov-10-04 11:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#25652, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 3

I used this site for my installation.
http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_signin_prompt.html?album_id=4291359413&rf=&ru=%2Falbum%2F%3Fid%3D4291359413 you will have to join immagestation to view, but its WAY worth it, he has step by step with photos of the install.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

optimuspetersonNov-10-04 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#25653, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-10-04 05:49 PM by optimuspeterson

this is the only pic i have of my brakes, it sucks i know. thats the front if you can't tell

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

coppereclipse95Nov-11-04 10:45 AM
1068 posts,
#25655, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by optimuspeterson
this is the only pic i have of my brakes, it sucks i know. thats the front if you can't tell

isn't that a pic of driver side rear? If so, why is yours different from wicked's rear?

1995 Eclipse RS

optimuspetersonNov-29-04 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#25791, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by coppereclipse95
Originally posted by optimuspeterson this is the only pic i have of my brakes, it sucks i know. thats the front if you can't tell
isn't that a pic of driver side rear? If so, why is yours different from wicked's rear?

nope, thats passenger side front

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

WickedESiNov-10-04 06:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#25654, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-10-04 06:05 PM by WickedESi

Here's an old one, If I can find a higher quality one I'll post it.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

FlyinEsiNov-11-04 01:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#25656, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 6

You really can't get any more help than WickedESi just gave you, but for a bigger picture if you need it...

coppereclipse95Nov-12-04 05:42 AM
1068 posts,
#25662, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 8

Ok, thanks guys! I'll be doing my swap this weekend or next...
I've read Gorkor's and Hades' swaps, but none of them seem to talk about the emergency/side brake cable. Can I use the RS(drum) with my new disk setup? Also, there is adjusting bolt looking thing, what do I do with it? it's p/n 52301 in http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main35/main35sub160.html any idea?

1995 Eclipse RS

Vandy420aNov-29-04 06:06 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#25787, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 9

just curious---why do some people have the "slots" in the slotted rotors facing "forward", while others have theirs rearward? (both cars shown have each setup, we'll call the white tsiAWD "forward")

just curious..
matt

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

coppereclipse95Nov-29-04 06:24 AM
1068 posts,
#25788, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Vandy420a
just curious---why do some people have the "slots" in the slotted rotors facing "forward", while others have theirs rearward? (both cars shown have each setup, we'll call the white tsiAWD "forward") just curious.. matt

If I remember this correctly, wicked's brake instructions(brembo) said to face it the way it is.

1995 Eclipse RS

CarbonFiberRSTNov-30-04 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#25792, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 11

my baer kit said put it that way too...

maybe this helps... i dunno

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

MCubed45Nov-30-04 06:04 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#25793, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 11

direction only matters if the veins inside the rotors face a certain way. most veins go straight from the center outward so it doesn't matter which rotor you put on which side. however if your veins are directional and spiral out from the center a certain way then you need to place them such that the air will be directed outwards when the rotor is spinning.

-marc

Vandy420aNov-30-04 06:07 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#25794, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by MCubed45
direction only matters if the veins inside the rotors face a certain way. most veins go straight from the center outward so it doesn't matter which rotor you put on which side. however if your veins are directional and spiral out from the center a certain way then you need to place them such that the air will be directed outwards when the rotor is spinning.

I understand that concept, but the reason i asked is because i've seen them both ways, and intuition would lead me to believe that facing the other direction would force air away from the hubs/center of wheel...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

GorkoRacingNov-30-04 08:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#25795, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 15

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/429400/5

There is my writeup. what is it you are having trouble with exactly? You need the hubs and ebrake cables from a car with rear discs as the drums are different. It can be done with the drums cables tho if i remember right. I believe there is a writeup to do this on www.se.dsm.org's main page, written by NOTAGST(adam). I'll help ya out with anymore Q's if you have any.

WickedESiDec-01-04 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#25807, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by MCubed45

Yup, and on the Brembo's the vanes are directional.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

HadesOmegaDec-01-04 11:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#25808, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 17

I just used the original parking brake lines, they don't install perfectly but they work fine. You can install the disc ones if you want but you gotta get into the carpet and all that stuff.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

GorkoRacingDec-02-04 03:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#25809, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 18

Getting in the carpet isnt hard. Once you have the back seat off you can just pull it back about 8 inches so you can get to the 2 bolts there and the rest of the stuff you deal with is under the airbag ecu under the center console.

MCubed45Dec-05-04 08:44 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#25820, "RE: Pics of side of the car that shows your brake setup..."
In response to Reply # 19
Dec-05-04 08:47 PM by MCubed45

Originally posted by Vandy420a
Originally posted by MCubed45 direction only matters if the veins inside the rotors face a certain way. most veins go straight from the center outward so it doesn't matter which rotor you put on which side. however if your veins are directional and spiral out from the center a certain way then you need to place them such that the air will be directed outwards when the rotor is spinning.
I understand that concept, but the reason i asked is because i've seen them both ways, and intuition would lead me to believe that facing the other direction would force air away from the hubs/center of wheel...

ya but we're talking abouth the VANES not the SLOTS. you can't SEE the vanes in any of the pictures - only the slots on the surface of the rotor. you can probably only see the vanes if you take the rotor off the car. the direction of the slots doesn't really affect anything. if your rotors are non-directional (vanes go straight out from the center). you can put the rotor on either way and it doesn't matter which way the SLOTS face. slotted rotors and directional rotors are two completely separate things which have no interaction or affect on one another.

confusing no doubt
most people would assume the slot direction is of some significance. even the shop i had my AEM rotors installed by asked which way I wanted them. the AEM's are non direction x-drilled/slotted rotors btw.

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25600 Previous topic | Next topic