Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2552
View in linear mode

Subject: "AEM Big Brake Kit" Previous topic | Next topic
BlkEclipseMay-28-01 01:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2552, "AEM Big Brake Kit"

I have the AEM Big Brake kit front and rear. I have this problem with severe steering wheel vibration and car shuddering around 50-35 mph. Anything higher or lower than these speeds there is no vibration. I just put Axxis pads on all four corners. I was told by a buddy of mine that unbalanced wheels can cause this.

Well I just want a second opinion. My wheels are unbalanced since my wife hit a curb after a car slid into her lane. Ever since then the shaking has happend....only during braking I might add. Also if I hit the Brakes hard there is no vibration period from 100-0 nothing just LOTS of FORCE pulling you forward.

Can any of you guys help me?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSMay-28-01 02:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2553, "RE: AEM Big Brake Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes wheels could be out of balance and causing this, but when she hit the curb she could have bent something. Check out the suspension if you get the wheel balanceing and it doesn't fix it.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads (Well Almost)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GSsportMay-28-01 03:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#2554, "RE: AEM Big Brake Kit"
In response to Reply # 1

Maybe your rims are bent a little. Or it could be bent suspension parts or steering parts. When I hit the curb I hit both steering knuckles were bent badly. Guess you should get it looked at or check it out yourself.

-AF/X underdrive crank pulley
-AEM Cold Air intake w/bypass valve
-PIAA headlight and foglight bulbs
-Clear bumper lenses
-Eibach Pro-Kits with Tokico n/a shocks
-Pilot Motorsports Front upper, Rear upper, Rear lower strut bars
-PowerSlot rotors (all four)
-Axxis Metal Master pads
-RRE rear camber kit
-Dunlop SP SPORT 8000 tires
-ECLIPSE word on dash
-Red Mitsu symbol on steering wheel
-Painted fog light bezels
-Window tint
-Magnecore wires and NGK plugs
-Purple interior lights
-Purple hose kit

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2552 Previous topic | Next topic