Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25417
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which springs are closest to stock ride?" Previous topic | Next topic
JenOct-13-04 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25417, "Which springs are closest to stock ride?"

I need some opinions on springs.

I've looked into Eibach Pro Kit, Tenzo, Tokico and some others.

Drop anywhere from 1-2 inches and the most important part is a smooth ride, closest to stock.

I've had H&R Racing springs for about 4 years now, but they're just too rough for the babies in the back. I have Tokico illuminas and Tokico Blues to go with it.

Any info on the smoothest ride is apprechiated

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-13-04 04:58 AM, #1
RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Jen, Oct-13-04 05:04 AM, #2
      RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-13-04 05:30 AM, #3
           RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Jen, Oct-13-04 05:38 AM, #4
                RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, injendsm, Oct-13-04 05:46 AM, #5
                RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-13-04 05:48 AM, #6
                     RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Jen, Oct-13-04 06:23 AM, #7
                          RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, SilverRS, Oct-13-04 10:14 AM, #8
                               RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-13-04 10:25 AM, #9
                                    RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, sek95GS, Oct-13-04 01:21 PM, #10
                                         RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Jen, Oct-14-04 02:52 AM, #11
                                              RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, SilverRS, Oct-14-04 07:31 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, jsupetran, Oct-14-04 05:36 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, ez, Oct-14-04 05:59 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, eclipse_99rs, Oct-16-04 03:27 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, SilverRS, Oct-16-04 03:55 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, eclipse_99rs, Oct-16-04 06:07 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, TeamJasonESi_T, Oct-18-04 05:03 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Jen, Oct-18-04 05:42 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Danny95ESI, Nov-04-04 08:28 AM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Nov-04-04 10:36 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?, Danny95ESI, Nov-04-04 01:01 PM, #22

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-13-04 04:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25418, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have any pics of the drop with your H&R springs? I've been looking at the sport springs...how much of a drop were the race springs at? I'll also be using the tokico blues.

Built shortblock 8.8:1 CP pistons, Eagle Rods
Built head w/ P&P by ERT
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers
High stall torque converter, Trans cooler, remote filter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JenOct-13-04 05:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#25419, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-13-04 05:05 AM by Jen

The drop is right around 2 inches.

I hope they show up (imagestation sucks ):

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-13-04 05:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#25420, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-13-04 05:31 AM by xcasbonx

Damn that looks awesome. Ride comfort not too bad? I think I'll be going with the race springs. Oh yeah imagestation does suck, but I copy/pasted the links

Built head w/ P&P by ERT
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
GSX dual piston calipers

JenOct-13-04 05:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#25421, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 3

No, the ride is not too bad, but I just feel it's too harsh for my kids (I have a 17 month old and 4 month old). So, it's definately too harsh for the "family car". I want to get something not quite as low and with a much softer ride...

injendsmOct-13-04 05:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25422, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 4

tein s tech springs only drop an inch and i have always heard good things about the ride of tein products.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-13-04 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#25423, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm gonna have to do some more evaluating on the H&R sport vs. race springs. I'll be having an N1 catback on soon and if I'm slammed that means scraped on the piping...YIKES!

Anyway, I'd think the Pro-kits would do the trick. Most people who have got them have had nothing but good things to say. I believe on the RRE site they have some pics between pro-kit and sportline drops.

Built head w/ P&P by ERT
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
GSX dual piston calipers

JenOct-13-04 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#25424, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by xcasbonx
I'll be having an N1 catback on soon and if I'm slammed that means scraped on the piping...YIKES!

I never have any problems scraping the exhaust. Just the front bumper.

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Anyway, I'd think the Pro-kits would do the trick. Most people who have got them have had nothing but good things to say.

That's my first choice for now, but I'd like to get some opinions on others still...

SilverRSOct-13-04 10:14 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
#25429, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 7

I got the H&R race springs, they are nice and low. I scrapped the exhaust (N1) a few times not too much if you are carefull. I will have mine up for sale as soon as I get my new suspension.

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-13-04 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#25430, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 8

See the bad thing about if I had race springs, my driveway is gravel and at the entry/exit of the driveway it drops down and the road is all chunky/brokeoff to our driveway. My buddy had his slammed with an N1 and damn near would scrape everytime even when he tried to go slow as possible and at an angle.

Built head w/ P&P by ERT
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
GSX dual piston calipers

sek95GSOct-13-04 01:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
406 posts,
#25431, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 9

jen, u wanna trade straight across?

I have prokits
year and a half old.

Gabe

JenOct-14-04 02:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#25434, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by sek95GS
jen, u wanna trade straight across?

I wanna put the H&Rs on the Spyder. Sorry.

SilverRSOct-14-04 07:31 AM
274 posts,
#25435, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 11

I will trade, as long as the prokits ride quality is near stock.

jsupetranOct-14-04 05:36 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#25436, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by SilverRS
I will trade, as long as the prokits ride quality is near stock.

Near stock... No. Not as bad as sportlines but you do feel bumps. It's a sacrifice definetly if you lower you car on springs (except those tiens true coilovers Yumm).

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

ezOct-14-04 05:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#25437, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 13

sportlines actually felt more comfortable to me. kinda weird, I was like WTF it feels softer. that was on tokico blues as well.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

eclipse_99rsOct-16-04 03:27 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#25452, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 14

How does a stock eclipse ride i dont remember?

myspace.com/coastiecobb

SilverRSOct-16-04 03:55 AM
274 posts,
#25453, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 15

Neither do I, but I bet it feels better than blown shocks/struts on a low car.

eclipse_99rsOct-16-04 06:07 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#25457, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by SilverRS
Neither do I, but I bet it feels better than blown shocks/struts on a low car.

Oh yah i did that once! stupid kids

myspace.com/coastiecobb

TeamJasonESi_TOct-18-04 05:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#25471, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 17

H&R Sports are much more comfortable than Pro-kits in terms of not feeling the bumps. The Pro-kits are more stiff and performance oriented.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

JenOct-18-04 05:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#25472, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
H&R Sports are much more comfortable than Pro-kits in terms of not feeling the bumps. The Pro-kits are more stiff and performance oriented.

I'm ruling out the Pro-kits then. I guess it's between H&R Sport and Progress? Anybody with Progress springs?

Danny95ESINov-04-04 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#25606, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 19
Nov-04-04 08:41 AM by Danny95ESI

Jen-

H&R OE Sport. Note that these are different from their 'Sport' ones...their less agressive verions are called 'OE'. 1 inch drop. Feels like "factory tuned" sports suspension that you get from SE editions of any car. Paired with good shocks, the car will handle well and it's easier on the babies (this is compared to Pro Kits and Sportlines). I had these springs on the Talon before I sold it.

at tire rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?autoMake=Eagle&autoModel=Talon&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&make=H%26R&model=OE+Sport+Spring+Set&group=OE+Sport+Spring+Set&partNum=52962.55

how have you been? Drop me an email anytime you try to make your DSM baby/kid friendly. I tried it all.

I just found myself lurking on this site. I miss my Talon- I'll be getting another one soon

ModeratorxcasbonxNov-04-04 10:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#25608, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 20

Holy shit, Danny its been a long time. Wondered what happened to ya.

Built head w/ P&P by ERT
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
GSX dual piston calipers

Danny95ESINov-04-04 01:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#25609, "RE: Which springs are closest to stock ride?"
In response to Reply # 21

what's up xcasbonx

I just dropped by to see what was going on. I sold the talon about a year ago. Sometimes I feel like I made a big mistake.
But not straying from Jen's topic, I have kids now too and the car wasn't practical. I now drive an Nissan 03 Xterra and an 04 SER as the commuter car.

anyway...still skating? I'm not working on skateboard graphics anymore. I'm a graphic/illustrator guy for Giro/Bell helmets now.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25417 Previous topic | Next topic