Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25376
View in linear mode

Subject: "PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?" Previous topic | Next topic
xeraxesOct-10-04 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25376, "PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?"

I just had my front rotors resurfaced and i bought new ones for the
rears. I ordered some PBR Axxis Ultimate brake pads for the front and rear. after installing, they started making noise when driving. coming from front and rear, as far as i can tell. It is like a scraping noise, and it repeats according to how fast i am driving. you know, it gets faster with speed. when i press the brakes, the noise gets louder. I have a Hayes manual, and followed the procedure given. what do you think the problem could be? the pads arent supposed to be touching the rotors when i drive right? i made sure the pads are seated correctly. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BuckNuttyOct-10-04 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25377, "RE: PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?"
In response to Reply # 0

well...it almost sounds like you have warped rotors. It's a constant noise? Or jus when you hit the brakes?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ducking_FumbassOct-10-04 08:43 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#25378, "RE: PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't know that Pabst Blue Ribbon made brakes, too...

The grinding could indicate many different problems. Check to see that your rotors are not scored. There may be some debris between the pads and the rotors. Look into this.

If that does not work, try using anti-squeal on the back of the pads.

Your pads will always be in contact with the rotors, though. There is no mechanism for pulling the pads off of the rotors.

xeraxesOct-10-04 09:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#25379, "RE: PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BuckNutty
well...it almost sounds like you have warped rotors. It's a constant noise? Or jus when you hit the brakes?

Its a constant noise, but even more when i hit the brakes. The sound seems to go away when i get 60+ mph, but maybe thats just because i cant hear from wind. I just replaced the rear rotors with some brand new ones, so those shouldnt be warped. i'll try rechecking them for debris, maybe i didnt clean the pistons or the pads good enough.

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

BuckNuttyOct-10-04 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25380, "RE: PBR brake pad installation making noise. help?"
In response to Reply # 3

there are also some metel anti-something shims that go on the pads...make sure they were put on correctly.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25376 Previous topic | Next topic