Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25025
View in linear mode

Subject: "adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same." Previous topic | Next topic
emcAug-23-04 02:26 PM
Member since May 21st 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25025, "adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."

does anyone make and adjustable tubed upper control arm? i washered the camber out as far as i felt save and couldnt get it far enough. debating buying a kit but most and just washers anyway. the car rode smooth just got tired of replacing tires.
also just switched from stock cut springs after 6yrs to stock gst springs. the gst spring are stronger and thicker. before buying them i searched and everyone said they were the same. not true 97rs to 97 gst. there is a difference and its visiable. the car sits higher then stock the camber is now caster the otherway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dave41079Aug-23-04 02:40 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
485 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25026, "RE: adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by emc
does anyone make and adjustable tubed upper control arm? i washered the camber out as far as i felt save and couldnt get it far enough. debating buying a kit but most and just washers anyway. the car rode smooth just got tired of replacing tires. also just switched from stock cut springs after 6yrs to stock gst springs. the gst spring are stronger and thicker. before buying them i searched and everyone said they were the same. not true 97rs to 97 gst. there is a difference and its visiable. the car sits higher then stock the camber is now caster the otherway.

You don't exactly have your terminology right. Camber and caster are two completely seperate entities. That's like saying "My left is now down the other way." Are you looking for a front or rear? I know someone has just started making a tubular front UCA, there is a thread a few lines down about it.

Lets just say this... I'm over 100whp and soon to cross 200whp. Thanx 2GNT! Now if I could only learn to prove it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

emcAug-24-04 03:06 AM
Member since May 21st 2003
32 posts,
#25028, "RE: adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."
In response to Reply # 1

no im looking for one for the rear. ill probably get a kit but most washer then have an adjustable bracket. i live in the mountains and drive it hard and dont want some halfa$$ washer long bolt to break. there was a post in '03 where some one found and alternative or at least a company to look into.
ill look up caster to see what it means.

Dave41079Aug-24-04 04:18 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
485 posts,
#25029, "RE: adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."
In response to Reply # 2

Just buy a rear camber kit if you need it. Here are some explanations for you.

Camber is if you view the tire from the front, and it is leaning in(neg) or out(pos).

Caster is if you view it from the side, and the center of the wheel is in front of(pos), or behind(neg) the centerline of the suspension.

Toe is if you view it from above, and the front is pointed in(toe in) or out(toe out).

Lets just say this... I'm over 100whp and soon to cross 200whp. Thanx 2GNT! Now if I could only learn to prove it.

AdministratorCODE4Aug-26-04 02:18 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#25040, "RE: adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Dave41079
Just buy a rear camber kit if you need it. Here are some explanations for you. Camber is if you view the tire from the front, and it is leaning in(neg) or out(pos). Caster is if you view it from the side, and the center of the wheel is in front of(pos), or behind(neg) the centerline of the suspension. Toe is if you view it from above, and the front is pointed in(toe in) or out(toe out).

Exactly.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420AYEAug-26-04 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#25041, "RE: adjutable UR control arm? gst rs springs not the same."
In response to Reply # 4

and you take it to shwabbs and have them mount those laser box's on the tires, and you have to turn your wheels 15* each direction and it does a bunch of math and can figure out how off ur wheels are. then, with some vehicles, you just go in there and turn some bolts on a few bushings till its in spec.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25025 Previous topic | Next topic