Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24832
View in linear mode

Subject: "About Evo Brakes" Previous topic | Next topic
bedlam32570Jul-22-04 08:01 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24832, "About Evo Brakes"

Does anyone know if the evo brakes will bolt up? I have a chance to get some but want to make sure before I spend the cash for them. TIA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: About Evo Brakes, mcgyvr, Jul-22-04 08:15 AM, #1
RE: About Evo Brakes, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-22-04 08:43 AM, #2
      RE: About Evo Brakes, 420AYE, Jul-22-04 09:54 AM, #3
           RE: About Evo Brakes, bedlam32570, Jul-22-04 10:29 AM, #4
                RE: About Evo Brakes, Moderator992gnt, Jul-22-04 05:08 PM, #5
                     RE: About Evo Brakes, bedlam32570, Jul-22-04 06:59 PM, #6
                          RE: About Evo Brakes, Moderator992gnt, Jul-23-04 04:07 AM, #7
                               RE: About Evo Brakes, bedlam32570, Jul-23-04 09:51 AM, #8
                                    RE: About Evo Brakes, 420AYE, Jul-26-04 07:31 AM, #9
                                         RE: About Evo Brakes, bedlam32570, Jul-26-04 05:21 PM, #10

mcgyvrJul-22-04 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24833, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 0

Probably not a true bolt on, but a little fabrication they just might fit (of course with a little fabrication any brake system will fit.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJul-22-04 08:43 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#24834, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 1

not sure but with a little trial and error, you should find out, lol.

420AYEJul-22-04 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#24835, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 2

if not, let us know, and resell them to an evo owner.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

bedlam32570Jul-22-04 10:29 AM
1240 posts,
#24837, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah problem is finding an evo owner who wants to buy stock brakes. be nice if a set would fit. i'm just looking for a set of better rear brakes then using the stock rear calipers, though they don't do much. i like it to look uniform. heheheh. they are small compared to aftermarket front calipers.

Moderator992gntJul-22-04 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#24838, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 4

They won't bolt on, and unless you're well versed on the stress put on the bracketry to mount them, you might want to wait until someone makes a kit. That's not an area you want to experiment with.

How much are you getting the calipers for? Most that I have seen are selling for between $750 and $1000. Have you priced pads? Stock pads are around $275 - just for the fronts. Ferodo DS2500's are a deal at around $175. And then there's the rotors. The hub diameter is much larger than the Eclipse (only the wheel studs will be keeping them centered) and stock rotors go for around $500 a pair. The replacement rotors I will be putting on my car when I use up the stock ones are made bt Stasis - around $900 a pair. But at least they are a full floating design with replaceable disks, at $225 a pair.

For the money and time involved, a TCE big brake kit would probably be a better bet, unless you're getting the Evo calipers for nect to nothing. In that case if you decide you don't want them let me know. I'd like to pick up a spare set, but not for a grand.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

bedlam32570Jul-22-04 06:59 PM
1240 posts,
#24839, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah the prices for stock parts are expensive but it'd probably run about the same if I was to get an actual brembo kit. I was going to pull the parts off of a wrecked one here locally but I think I am going to go against it. I'll just have to wait until I can find a set of rear calipers that will work. I know that Rotora makes a rear kit for the Evo with 4 piston calipers. All I really want is matching calipers for the front kit I get. I mean I have a set of Baer for my mustang but why not my eclipse. oh well.

Moderator992gntJul-23-04 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#24843, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 6

I think TCE was working on a rear kit for the Eclipse to match their front kit (Wilwood 4 piston superlite calipers with 13" AL hatted rotors). I'm sure it must be done by now. The TCE kit was right around a grand for the fronts.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

bedlam32570Jul-23-04 09:51 AM
1240 posts,
#24845, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 7

that'll be sweet. I'm not gonna waste the cash to get the evo brakes cause I don't want to have to make the brackets. I'll just have to wait or just get the AEM kits.

420AYEJul-26-04 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#24855, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 8

don't those warp?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

bedlam32570Jul-26-04 05:21 PM
1240 posts,
#24856, "RE: About Evo Brakes"
In response to Reply # 9

depends. some have had them warp others haven't. I was checking them out, along with the ones from tenzo and a few others. not too sure what I am going to do

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24832 Previous topic | Next topic