Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2427
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Rear Strut Brace" Previous topic | Next topic
z1pp0May-20-01 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2427, "Rear Strut Brace"

Just a quick question, i see a lot of rear strut braces on eBay for cheap. Are they worth the money, do the fellas with nice suspensions use em? you can see my setup below, should i pick up one? thanks in advance

kelly
- Tanabe GPower Medallion
- Konig Villain 18x8s
- Yokohoma Paradas
- Magnecore Wires
- Front Stut Brace
- Rear GST Disc Brakes and Sway Bar
- Tint/Clear Corners/Big Stereo/Etc
...completely rebuilt

HRC Stage II w/ FMIC | AFX UDP | Magnecore Wires | Tanade GPower Medallion | Tokico Stuts and Springs | 18x8 Konig Villains | Yokohoma Paradas | Damn Good Stereo | A bunch of other common shit | Completely Rebuilt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
z1pp0May-20-01 09:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2428, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmm, since nobody is responding.... does anybody even have one?
thanks.

kelly

97 eclipse gs
- AEM Cold Air
- Tokico Premium Springs/Struts
- Tanabe GPower Medallion
- Konig Villain 18x8s
- Yokohoma Paradas
- Magnecore Wires
- Front Stut Brace
- Rear GST Disc Brakes and Sway Bar
- Tint/Clear Corners/Big Stereo/Etc
...completely rebuilt

HRC Stage II w/ FMIC | AFX UDP | Magnecore Wires | Tanade GPower Medallion | Tokico Stuts and Springs | 18x8 Konig Villains | Yokohoma Paradas | Damn Good Stereo | A bunch of other common shit | Completely Rebuilt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Soular 96GSMay-21-01 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2429, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 1

Hello ....

I have one... I have th Trenzo R unit
I don't have it installed yet since I am about to redo my suspension again!

I am about to put some Ground Controls on... with my KYB AGX's

When thats done I will put the Lower bar on...

Will it help anything... I don't know.. the metal down there is pretty thick already so I am not sure what that bar will prevent.

I saw one on a Acura Integra the other day... It looks cool and sends a message that .. Hey I've got Grip LOL

"There are only stars in the sky because the Moon has blocked the Sun from view" -Soular

LeeMay-21-01 06:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2430, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah man, go ahead and pick one up. A strut bar is a strut bar for the most part. I have a ractive front upper, RRE front lower, and a pilot rear lower and I've spent less that $150 for all three.

And for the dude wondering if the lower rear will help, hell yeah it does. It makes you @$$ nice and tight!

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

rideMay-24-01 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
#2431, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 3

are you guys talking about the upper or lower working well? i also saw them on ebay and was thinking what the hell, they are cheap so why not. but if they don't work i am not going to bother. thanks

"In the end revenge sends end to the defendant"

2GNT NiclipseMay-24-01 07:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
53 posts,
#2432, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a strut tower brace in my engine bay and I remembered the day I put it on, I noticed a nice difference! You can really get those corners good, especially if you lowered ith low pro tires and good struts.

I am looking forward to getting a rear upper strut tower brace, they are cheap. And it really is true, a strut bar is a strut bar, they all work the same.

-Nick

The1BillMay-24-01 03:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#2433, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 5

How expensive is the front lower tie bar? Where can I find one? I have the other three, is it worth it?
Thanks guys,
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

TeamMichael_97RSMay-25-01 12:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2434, "RE: Rear Strut Brace"
In response to Reply # 0

I used to believe that a strut bar was a strut bar. I've changed my mind. Differences in metal and construction of the bar can vary how effective a bar is. Not too long ago I was out at an autocross event and saw an Eibach STB on a BMW and this was the best designed Strut tower brace I've ever seen. Thick solid bar, no adjustment screw on the end it was a set width and bolted right to the end plates. If they made one for us, I'd go buy it, even though they do run over $100.

Will the cheper strut tower brace help you? Yes, will the more expensive ones help you out more? Probably.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads (Well Almost)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2427 Previous topic | Next topic