Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24054
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsedChefMay-26-04 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24054, "Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"

I have a set of Sportlines on the way, and id like to see a few pictures with tire/rim sizes stated and id like to know how these handle. They MUST be better than my weapon r coilovers..lets here it!

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
Fidanza Cam Gears NGK Wires
AFX UDP Greddy Header
Gutted Cat Greddy Evo Catback
Energy Suspension MMI Eibach Sportlines
Tokico Blues...always more to come

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 09:28 AM, #1
RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EclipsedChef, May-26-04 09:36 AM, #2
      RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 09:39 AM, #3
           RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EvMan2345, May-26-04 10:19 AM, #4
                RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 10:33 AM, #5
                RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, jsupetran, May-26-04 10:33 AM, #6
                RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 10:44 AM, #7
                     RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, eclipse_99rs, May-26-04 01:01 PM, #8
                          RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, soulcontroller, May-26-04 01:26 PM, #9
                               RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EvMan2345, May-26-04 01:34 PM, #10
                                    RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 01:55 PM, #11
                                    RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EclipsedChef, May-26-04 03:53 PM, #12
                                         RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, turbo8u, May-26-04 03:57 PM, #13
                                              RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EclipsedChef, May-26-04 04:06 PM, #14
                                    RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, siueclipse, May-29-04 04:16 PM, #18
                RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, WickedESi, May-27-04 10:30 PM, #17
RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, Teamner947, May-26-04 05:03 PM, #15
RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, BuckNutty, May-26-04 06:25 PM, #16
      RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, EclipsedChef, May-30-04 10:19 AM, #19
           RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted, iculookn, Jun-02-04 06:25 PM, #20

turbo8uMay-26-04 09:28 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24055, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 0
May-26-04 09:31 AM by turbo8u

sportlines are badass i have them on my car right now, and my car handles like its on rails, im LOW though...lowest 2gnt at all the meets and the lowest ive seen pretty much but im changing it for my 18's

heres a pic, these are 15's! LOL

edit: sent out your coilpack yesterday, shipping was 14$ its all good though, someone bought my stock wheels and gave me 4$ extra, so your 8$ + 4$ paid for it pretty much dont worry about it though, just let me know when you get it

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsedChefMay-26-04 09:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#24056, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 1

hey man i'll paypal you the extra, just helping me out was good enough for that. I'll talk to you on aol. I think i might have you beat on the lowest 2g..i made a post a while ago about it.

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
AFX UDP Greddy Header

turbo8uMay-26-04 09:39 AM
10552 posts,
#24057, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by EclipsedChef
I think i might have you beat on the lowest 2g..i made a post a while ago about it.

heh, no way do0d. look at those 15's again..they arent even the same aspect ratio as the stocker 16's with tires, theyre smaller but theyre wide...

im pretty slammed though dude post a pic of your car

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

JoshSpair.com

EvMan2345May-26-04 10:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#24058, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 3
May-26-04 10:21 AM by EvMan2345

sportlines/tokico illuminas- 17" rims, 215/45/17 tires... no complaints about the ride- except for the occasional scrapes my front gets pulling out of parking lots

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

turbo8uMay-26-04 10:33 AM
10552 posts,
#24059, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 4

badass ride ^^

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

jsupetranMay-26-04 10:33 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#24060, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 4

How the hell do you guys get around? I'm on sportlines, and I think my FMIC decreased the clearance; so I'm scraping everywhere

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

turbo8uMay-26-04 10:44 AM
10552 posts,
#24061, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by jsupetran
How the hell do you guys get around? I'm on sportlines, and I think my FMIC decreased the clearance; so I'm scraping everywhere

how does your fmic make you lower , lol. thats like saying you being auto makes it lower, heh. need me to show you how to drive a lowered car? i hardly scrape, if ever. im always thinking about my "exit route" when i pull into a gas station or something, just gotta think ahead

im sure we've ALL said 'WHOAAA! NELLY!' next to a big fuggin speed bump

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

eclipse_99rsMay-26-04 01:01 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#24062, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm on sportlines and they work just fine. I'm getting 17 soon which should make the clearence a little better.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

soulcontrollerMay-26-04 01:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#24063, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 8

yea, youll have to re-learn how to drive, seriously

i have pro kits, the sportlines were just a little too drastic for me. i still scrape occasionally. youll have to watch the road more closesly now for dips and potholes and whatnot :o

they look tight though

EvMan2345May-26-04 01:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#24064, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 9

damn, i forgot a complaint- EATS MY FREAKING TIRES!!! its not good when you have to change tires at just about every oil change... get a camber kit!! im on my 5th set now.

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

turbo8uMay-26-04 01:55 PM
10552 posts,
#24065, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by EvMan2345
damn, i forgot a complaint- EATS MY FREAKING TIRES!!! its not good when you have to change tires at just about every oil change... get a camber kit!! im on my 5th set now.

lol thats just straight up no skills, camber kits are your friends

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

EclipsedChefMay-26-04 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#24066, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 11

i really havent had a problems with tire wear, even at 4+ inches. Now i have about two inches between the tire and wheel well, but the ride is horrible. Id put up pics of my car before with the lower drop but i cant find anywhere to host pics at the moment.

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
AFX UDP Greddy Header

turbo8uMay-26-04 03:57 PM
10552 posts,
#24067, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by EclipsedChef
i really havent had a problems with tire wear, even at 4+ inches. Now i have about two inches between the tire and wheel well, but the ride is horrible. Id put up pics of my car before with the lower drop but i cant find anywhere to host pics at the moment.

send em to me, i'll host em

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

EclipsedChefMay-26-04 04:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#24068, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 13

dude, get on aol i have some questions!!!

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
AFX UDP Greddy Header

siueclipseMay-29-04 04:16 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#24149, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 10

WickedESiMay-27-04 10:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#24092, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by EvMan2345
sportlines/tokico illuminas- 17" rims, 215/45/17 tires... no complaints about the ride- except for the occasional scrapes my front gets pulling out of parking lots

That's the exact same setup I have.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Teamner947May-26-04 05:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#24069, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 0

Sportline springs:

July '03, half a tank of gas and the system in the back.

April '04, 2 gallons of C17 and no system.

Yes, they are a bit low. I wish that I went with the Pro kit springs. Although, things should be done right the first time, so in theory I should have just saved up for Teins.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

BuckNuttyMay-26-04 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#24074, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by ner947
Sportline springs: July '03, half a tank of gas and the system in the back.

OMG...that looks familiar :-p

EclipsedChefMay-30-04 10:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#24154, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 16

where is the cheapest place to find koni red shocks? Tirerack has them for 87 a piece.

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
AFX UDP Greddy Header

iculooknJun-02-04 06:25 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
216 posts,
#24202, "RE: Eibach Sportlines..pics and opinions wanted"
In response to Reply # 19

Im getting my Sportlines and hp's put on tomorrow. ill post before and after pics as soon as its done.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24054 Previous topic | Next topic